• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't add fonts unless I disconnect antivirus software and Little Snitch

Participant ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a MacBook Pro 2019 16 inch with the latest BigSlur installed.  For some time now I haven't been able to install added Adobe applications, fonts, view assets, etc. etc unless I disconnect from my antivirus software - Kaskersky.  I have been in touch with them and got the following answer from one of their employees: 

"This problem is not with your antivirus or firewall. Problem/bug in the macOS 11.  We don't know when Apple will fix this problem. You can ask this at Apple Support. But according to our information, this should be fixed in the macOS 11.2 or newer."  

So unless I am prepared to uninstall my antivirus software and Little Snitch I am unable to connect to Adobe Assets or download any fonts, extra applications, etc. etc. for that matter.  Why do we have these problems when we pay extremely good money each month for a subscription only to find that the program doesn't work as it should.

Has anybody come across this problem and been able to solve it or found a work around?

Thanking you

Sabina

Sr. Sabina
TOPICS
Download install and licensing , Performance , Product issue , Sync issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have explicitly noted two variables here. You have updated your system to MacOS 11 and also added a third party antivirus package and firewall package.

Kaspersky has explicitly advised you that the problem is MacOS 11 and that the “fix” is expected (hopefully) with MacOS 11.2.

There are many other “issues” encountered by users of MacOS 11 due to anomalies in the Apple operating system awaiting fixes. Generally speaking, when dealing with new versions of MacOS, it is highly advisable not to upgrade to these new OS versions before the first rounds of OS fixes are released. (The same applies to Windows!)

Thus, given a known MacOS bug, how is it that you ask “why do we have these problems when we pay extremely good money each month for a subscription only to find that the program doesn't work as it should.” How is this bug in MacOS that triggers a false positive in your antivirus software something that is Adobe's fault? Honestly, what do you expect Adobe to do about this?

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

True, I stand corrected.  Sorry!

Sabina

Sr. Sabina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines