Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Developers need Adobe Fonts

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there!
Been creating a new site using XD and Adobe Fonts. When sending it out to our external developers, they ask us to buy Proxima Nova webfont because they don't have a CC account. I have an empty slot on my CC account, could I let them work with it until the end of the project so they can build up the site with the desired webfont? I'm freaking out with the prices I get from sites like Myfonts for a 5M pageviews site...
Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you may not share fonts.  The price looks normal, and don't forget you will need to license bold and italic variants separately if you plan to allow them in your web design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmm, actually, I tried to unravel whether you could start work on the site, then other developers could use the fonts you have licensed for your work (as long as you subscribe of course). I couldn't find the answer, and before you make any purchasing decisions, I suggest you wait for another reply.

However, I can't imagine using the Adobe Fonts webfont service to set up a 5M page view site. Would your company want the fonts to close down if you leave, or are promoted and don't need your CC subscription? Or what happens if Adobe remove the font from the Adobe Fonts package? Surely your company would want to invest in a perpetual license...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines