• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download a Adobe Fonts typeface for a client

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm proposing to use the 'CarlMarx' typeface for a client's identity, (part of the Hidden Treasures of the Bauhaus Dessau collection).

The client wonders if they can use the typeface without an Adobe Creative Cloud subscription.

Is that possible?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Download install and licensing , How to , Offline font , Purchase

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean, can they use it on their machines to create their own content or to edit content you created for them, then no. They either need a Creative Cloud subscription of their own or they need to purchase the license outright. I believe these FAQs address your question:

Does my client need their own font license to use the designs?

Can my customers use the fonts to customize the products I sell?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some people are now suggesting that you should not rely on Adobe Fonts services for branding. Following recent "retirement" of fonts where almost 1000 fonts were taken away by their original owners, building critical long term projects on Adobe fonts may seem to have risk. They say, use Adobe fonts to choose and protoype and approve. Then you and your client will each need to separately license the font for the required number of computers. Because this may cost hundreds of dollars or more, it needs to be clear to the client up front (or included with each proposed font).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines