• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloading a Font in Typekit Help

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very new to Adobe so be easy on me... but on my Adobe Creative Cloud/Typekit when I search in "Adobe Fonts" for the Dapifer font it shows all of the fonts and they are all active.

However, when I go on photoshop to the font styles Dapifer does not show up. Additionally, how can I download the font so I can send it to a freelance graphic designer I am working with/upload to my brand kit on Canva.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the appropriate Adobe Fonts (formerly Typekit) forum such that it may be responded to more appropriately.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the license agreement for Adobe Fonts does not permit you to share the fonts with third parties. Adobe Fonts is not compatible with Canva, as we do not provide font files for download. Requests for Typekit support are well documented in the Canva forums.

Regarding your trouble getting Dapifer to activate - there are a few things we can check right away to start debugging this:

- First, make sure you are signed in to Creative Cloud with the same Adobe ID that you use for Adobe Fonts. Your account information is at the top of the Creative Cloud desktop application; click your profile picture to reveal the account details.

- Next, try turning off font activation in Creative Cloud, wait a moment, and then turn it back on. To do this, open the menu from the three dots at the top of the Creative Cloud desktop application, then choose Preferences > Creative Cloud > Fonts, and then uncheck Enable Adobe Fonts to turn it off.

Once you re-enable activation, any fonts you had previously selected for activation should now automatically appear under the Fonts tab in the Creative Cloud application and be available in the font menus of your desktop programs.

Best regards,

Molly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Molly,

Thanks for your response. So just to clarify, there is nowhere to buy this font externally so that our designers can use it?

I currently have OS X 10.14.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The font can be purchased directly from the foundry, but you'll need to confirm that their license agreement permits you to share the fonts: https://www.dardenstudio.com/typefaces/dapifer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be very clear, what you would be purchasing would not be the font itself, but rather a license to use the font. Such licenses have terms in their EULAs (End User License Agreements) that define exactly what you may or may not do with the font.

In the general case, such licenses are limited to use either to a particular individual and/or organization internally. Very few commercial font licenses allow “sharing” of fonts with others who don't also have a license for that font.

Many licenses also have other restrictions that you should be aware of before licensing any font. These include embedding restrictions, commercial use restrictions, etc.

Not trying to scare you, but better you should know ahead of time what to expect and what your obligations might be.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a question on this thread. If I had an assistant that designs for me in my account and I use the designs including the fonts for MY work, is that okay? But also, I designed something for my assistant and they used the design for their usage, that's okay too? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines