Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloading and installing a font

Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some time ago I purchased a set of Adobe fonts, Jensen Pro regular, bold and italic.  I successfully installed these previously but I now have a new computer and I'm unable to download and install the fonts.  I've searched the community and found: "The Adobe Fonts can only be activated and cannot be downloaded on your system the same way that your local fonts are." but I know I can install and use the font because I've done it previously.  I also saw a post that said I should click on a download icon next to the font name, but there's no download icon.   I have downloaded Creative Cloud and found something there which said that fonts that aren't installed will be highlighted and automatically downloaded.  I opened a document which I previously did using Jensen Pro (in Xara, which I use for many things) but nothing happened. I really like this font and want to use it, as I have previously, so how do I do this?

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

There is a very big difference between fonts that you licensed directly from Adobe years back where you downloaded actual font files and installed them on your computer versus the current Adobe Fonts service. The Adobe Fonts service does not make font files directly available to you but rather, makes them available to your applications via a cloud-based service.

In terms of those Adobe Jenson family of fonts that you previously licensed, simply right click on the font files that you received o

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's Jensen Pro Light, Jensen Pro Bold and Jensen Pro Light Italic . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a very big difference between fonts that you licensed directly from Adobe years back where you downloaded actual font files and installed them on your computer versus the current Adobe Fonts service. The Adobe Fonts service does not make font files directly available to you but rather, makes them available to your applications via a cloud-based service.

In terms of those Adobe Jenson family of fonts that you previously licensed, simply right click on the font files that you received or downloaded at that time and select the Install for all users option. Of course, you backed up your old computer and should retrieve the font files from there; it was pretty much your responsibility to save and backup the font files you downloaded at the time you originally licensed the fonts. If for some reason, you lost all those files, but licensed those fonts directly from Adobe's website, all I can advise is for you to contact Adobe Customer Support and provide them with your information and they may be able to make the font files available to you.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not unreasonable for someone to expect that fonts purchased from Adobe in the past would still be available for download.

Zero stars for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines