• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloading open source fonts

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not subscribe to Creative Cloud, nor do I want to. I need to use a couple of open source fonts, but cannot seem to find it available to download for use offline (I'd be willing to pay for a license, but it's open source, so kind of a moot point).

Source Sans Variable and Source Serif Variable

There are Google Fonts versions but they differ enough to cause copyfitting issues. I need to be able to use the exact same fonts as the designer.

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Download install and licensing , Offline font

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You realise that there are about 1000 fonts available in the free plan? Maybe it includes this one. However, under no circumstances at all can you download font files from Adobe Fonts; you can only activate or link from a web site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, that's what I was afraid of. I currently don't use a Mac capable of a Cloud subscription, free or otherwise (my usual design work doesn't rely on the latest version of anything). My solution was to find the "Pro" version of the fonts and tweak the kerning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines