Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font License Commercial Project

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am creating a visual novel game (i.e. game with jpegs that show one after another). I am just wondering if I am able to use Adobe fonts - specifically the Minion Variable Concept font - in the jpegs in this game from a legal standpoint. The licensing page explains that I am able to use this font in commercial projects for jpegs, but not desktop applications. In this regard, I am creating a video game which is a desktop application, but the sole purpose of that application is to show jpegs. Could anyone clarify for me? I've tried online support and they were no help.

Max

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/using/font-licensing.html

It's fine to use Adobe Fonts on images. What you can't do is embedding the font files into your app. For that you would need to purchase an appropriate license directly from the foundry or one of their authorized resellers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines