• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts deactivated spontaniously

Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on my InDesign when all of a sudden I get a notification that 275 fonts have been deactivated. I did not do this. Then I go to CC app and look for the currently activated fonts and there is only one (the one I was currently working with in InDesign while this happened) and then I check the previously activated fonts and there are none. All my activated fonts just disappeared and didn't even get saved in the previously activated fonts page.

Any idea how this could've happened? How can I bring them back? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear about your difficulties. I would like to inform you that when Creative Cloud applications haven’t been updated, fonts that have not been used in over 150* days will be uninstalled from your system. However, the fonts will remain in your active fonts list unless you choose to deactivate them.  *Number of days is subject to change

If you’re using updated Creative Cloud apps, you’ll continue to see your active fonts in the font menus of your applications, regardless of how often you use them.

You can quickly reinstall fonts that are no longer in use by clicking the cloud icon next to the font name in the Active Fonts tab. If you have any project files that use uninstalled fonts, you will need to reinstall the fonts before continuing.

Please take a look at the following article for more information: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/add-fonts.html

You may also check this article to Manage your fonts

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for your reply. The problem is the deactivated fonts are no longer on my active fonts-list or the Previously activated-font list. They just disappeared everywhere. So there's no way for me to quickly re-activate them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response.

Would you mind telling me the version of the Creative Cloud Desktop Application you are using? Have you checked on fonts.adobe.com to check if there are no fonts in the previously active tab or active fonts tab? Try log-in to your Adobe My Fonts panel to re-activate them.

https://fonts.adobe.com/my_fonts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have the Keep Creative Cloud updated-option clicked on the Creative cloud app. So it's the latest version (5.6.6.58). And no, like I've said, there are zero fonts in my "Previously active fonts"-tab. There should be those 275 fonts that were deactivated but they are not there. And in my "Active fonts"-tab I had only the one font I was using while this happened.

I have now had to reactivate some of the fonts I use in my work and reactivating seems to work normally. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any doubts while using the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but the problem wasn't resolved.

Firstly what was the reason those fonts were deactivated? I have used most of them within the last 150 days so they certainly weren't "unused" fonts.  Many of the fonts that deactivated I had used last week.

And then there's the fact they didn't go to my Previously active-fonts section/tab, which to me is still an indication that some kind of error has occured. I had loads of fonts activated for later use and now they are gone and I don't remember the names of each of those 275 fonts. I do hope you research this further to prevent something like this happening again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been experiencing this same issue and asked about it in this thread.

Hoping to get a fix for this as it's a giant time suck to fix and, if an intential design, not really understanding how typefaces are often used with client projects.

Ultimately, Adobe shouldn't have anything to do with my font management. I want to do it manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines