• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Helvetica Neue

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm doutbing myself, but Helvetica Neue Pro is the same font as Helvetica Neue Std.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I'm not entirely sure about that. Helvetica has a long history, and there are a lot of strange free font versions floating around with the name Helvetica. If you want to stop doubting altogether, you should inquire from Linotype, the original foundry. It's usually called “Neue Helvetica” and has some 59 typefaces. There is a Pro version and then alternative/standard or “regular” versions. https://www.linotype.com/1266/neue-helvetica-family.html

Generally, a PRO font is going to be a full feature font with all the glyphs and language characters. An STD version is usually not as expensive and doesn't have all the functions found with PRO. If you are comparing unicode attributes letter by letter, then maybe they are the same for some characters. I think it depends on the project and the end use. As you know, there are a lot of other things to consider when selecting a font. Curious if you were trying to find an answer about licensing or an application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines