Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to download a font to desktop?

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is there a way that I can download a font from Typekit to be an .otf (or other) file on my desktop. The font currently works on all of my Adobe and Microsoft packages, but I need to upload it to another software package and am struggling to do this - I need the font to be saved as a file.

If anyone can offer any advice it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

No, that is not a feature of Adobe Fonts. When you activate a font, it is made available for all applications on your system, but the actual font file is not made available for use elsewhere. If you need an actual portable font file, you need to license the font from the original font foundry.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that is not a feature of Adobe Fonts. When you activate a font, it is made available for all applications on your system, but the actual font file is not made available for use elsewhere. If you need an actual portable font file, you need to license the font from the original font foundry.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your advice Dov.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. Isn't that annoying though! It makes me quite mad, actually.

I edited my movie on Adobe, but the person who will post-produce it works on another program. I am certainly not the only one. So why make things so complicated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a question of rights. You won't be able to share fonts, even if you were able to download them for your use case. The recieving party needs to own their license. All these questions need to be clarified before starting a project, not in the middle of it.

As a side note: Adobe is the company, and Premiere Pro, Premiere Elements, Premiere Rush etc are programs sold by Adobe.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@TECHtonicDANIEL wrote:

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Sorry about your feelings.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines