• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with Font Family Causing Extra Space Below Text

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am writing to report an issue that I am experiencing with one of your font families. Specifically, I have noticed that when using this font family, there is extra space below the text. The amount of space seems to vary depending on the size of the text but typically ranges between 8 and 16 pixels.

I find this extra space to be quite frustrating, as it is causing alignment issues in my designs. I have tried adjusting the leading and other settings, but the problem persists. I have also tested the font in different applications and on different platforms, but the issue remains.

The problem persists in every webkit font we add for our projects.

Attaching ref. links of websites and also screenshots.

https://www.ulverstoneriverretreat.novahostingtoo.com.au/

https://www.laurav.com.au/

Fonts families we used for these two projects are

1. "Sulphur Point": 

2. IvyOra Display, IvyOra Text, IvyStyle Sans [ Project ID: mya8tra ]

I would greatly appreciate any assistance you can provide in resolving this issue. Is there a known fix for this problem, or is it something that needs to be addressed on your end? If you could provide any insight or guidance, it would be most appreciated.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Sincerely,

TOPICS
Font rendering , Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @unknown7781.

Welcome to the community! I would like to inform you that the spacing that you’re referring to is one of the metrics that are built into the font file to make sure that all of the characters that the font supports can be displayed without clipping. 

I checked with the team, and they didn’t see any problems in the metrics for the Adobe Fonts you use on these websites. They appear to be set correctly and working as intended.

(Note that Sulphur Point is not available through Adobe Fonts, so we can’t confirm whether any adjustments might be needed.) If you need to make further spacing adjustments, those must be done in the website’s CSS.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Xavier,

It's the way the font have been built by the independent foundry. It may be by design, it may be a mistake on their part. You should contact them directly to see if it can be corrected
So Sulphur point you should contact Google fonts or the type designer - Dale Sattler (nothing to do with Adobe then 🙂 )
For Ivy Ora, the type designer is Jan Mack.

One point to consider: In most cases, Adobe fonts only distributes typefaces from other designers, so aren't responsible if there are corrections to be done to the font. Adobe has a few typefaces created by their own team, but very few compared to the 1000s that Adobe fonts distributes and make accessible through the Creative Cloud subscriptions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines