Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues getting Promixa Nova Italic to display on Website

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,
We have the Proxima Nova font family loading on our site; however, we have lost the ability to show a regularly or thin weighted italic version of the font.

Looking at Adobe fonts to get 'Proxima Nova Italic' it is advised to use exactly the same css as 'Proxima Nova Regular' (see attached screenshots). Both give the effect of 'Proxima Nova Regular'. When we add
    font-style: italic;
to the css, the font weight appears to be 500 or 600 regardless of the weight reflected in the editor.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshots didn't come through.

I just went to Adobe Fonts and put Proxima Nova to the test and it worked fine for me.  Maybe if you create a new font styesheet with just the font variants you need and leave out the ones you don't.

https://fonts.adobe.com/fonts/proxima-nova#fonts-section

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for the reply. I'm glad to hear that you were able to get the Italics to work and thank you for the idea and link of creating a new font stylesheet. I'll give that a try and report back!

Here are the screenshots that didn't come throughScreen Shot 2020-03-27 at 11.52.33 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-27 at 11.52.48 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines