Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Issues with Nimbus Sans Condensed Bold

Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work in an office with 11 other CC subscribers and recently had to intervene to adjust an InDesign 2020 file by one of my colleagues. Upon opening the file on my own machine, it said that Nimbus Sans Condensed Bold was missing, but the Adobe Fonts Activate checkbox was not syncing or linking. After going onto Adobe Fonts and activating all Nimbus Sans fonts, the issue persisted.

I then took another look at the file on the computer that generated the artwork, and the font was not showing up as missing, but shown as an Adobe Font that was activated.

To this end, I then de-synched the Nimbus Sans fonts on the author's machine, then re-synched them, and only then did the error show on the author's machine.

The specific font originally used was Nimbus Sans Bold Condensed, NOT Nimbus Sans Cond L Bold

TOPICS
Activation, Missing font, Product issue, Sync issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?