Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ITC Avant Garde Gothic - Vertical alignment issue

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have designed a website with the ITC Avant Garde Gothic font and used the 3 styles available: Book, Medium and Bold.

https://fonts.adobe.com/fonts/itc-avant-garde-gothic

Unfortunately, the vertical alignment of the font is not respected, when used online, with the typekit.

You can see my issue here (screenshot of navigation). The text should be perfectly centered with the white box, but there is a 5px offset towards the top. And we (the developer and myself) have no idea why.

We've tried with the same font, but with .woff files, and the problem seems to be solved. But of course it's not ideal.

Did anyone experience the same issue with this font ? 

Or what could we do to avoid this ?

Thank you for the help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have experienced the same issue. Any resolution found (aside from WOFF upload)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue. In my case WOFF upload didn't solve a problem. Someone find any solution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines