• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

License

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, i have a question about the typekit license. I use the full adobe suite and have access to typekit. in licensing I saw that I can't use the selected font to embed in the application.
Can I embed an image (jpg, png) with a given font in the application? The license allows to generate jpg and png formats. I would appreciate your answer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @joannaw85482682 ,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please share your email address via private message? Also, could you please elaborate more on the issue to assist your more? We're here to help, just need some info.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can find all the details here https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/using/font-licensing.html but embedding a font in a non-editable way (such as a JPEG or PNG) is allowed because the font is no longer included in that final product (the information has been converted into pixels), while embedding a font into an app is not allowed because it's using an embedded font to render text in the app.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@joannaw85482682 

On 15 October 2018, Typekit changed its name to Adobe Fonts and Typekit is no more.

Can you tell us the name of the Typeface you are using from Adobe Fonts and the name of the application?

You should be able to embed the typeface into Adobe Acrobat, but you cannot Package the typeface into InDesign or Illustrator, for example. The idea is that when you send the file, the receiver has to have Creative Cloud to open the file and can therefore download the typefaces from Adobe Fonts themselves. Adobe makes this process easy.

For us to give you the best answer for your situation, we need details on the typeface and application.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines