Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Licensing question for Fonts use

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all!

I am a Financer and Project Manager for a video game project. 

Question about using Fonts from Adobe. If my employee that is creating my artwork has a license with Adobe to use the Fonts. Would my project be ok to use them or would I also need to have the license to asure no issues would come up with them proudly displayed within the game?

Any help appreciated,

JB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If ONLY the employee with the license EVER uses the game, it's OK. Otherwise, well, let's see. Is the game being played in HTML, on a web site? It COULD use Adobe fonts, but you really, really wouldn't want to. Imagine if there is a credit card problem and your employee's license is held up. Or they leave. Or anything. Suddenly your game doesn't work - that's probably not OK.  You should choose and license specific fonts. Be warned that embedding fonts in a game requires a kind of license that is just not available for most fonts... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for the reply!

We've decided on a standard font, Calibiri, for the ingame use. If the only Adobe font we use would be for the banner logo of the game, would I still need that special license you were referring too? Does it have a specific name to the license so I may look into it?

The game will be played on PC and most likely mobile down the line. PC first though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines