Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Fonts for commercial use?

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am looking to design ceramic mugs and cosmetic bags as an alphabet range using single letters printed on them. See image attached. These would be for sale online and in-store.Screenshot 2022-11-10 at 12.13.34.png

This below is under FAQ on adobe fonts and not sure whether I am able to do this or not? 

‘Can I use the fonts to make stencils, stickers, jewelry, or anything else that features a single letter or glyph?

No. You may not create a product that is individual glyphs from the font files, e.g. an alphabet set of each letter to spell out your own phrase. Creating products from individual glyphs is not allowed in any format.’

Assistance with this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Please read Adobe's Font License below for details on what you can and can't do.

https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/using/font-licensing.html

Can I use the fonts to create products I will sell commercially, such as t-shirts, posters, books, magazines, or other printed merchandise?

Yes. You can use the fonts for any kind of merchandise, whether you’re designing a t-shirt for a friend or product packaging for a client. Other printed products, such as books or magazines, are permitted as well. T

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

No.  Monograms (single glyphs) are not allowed.

35 Best Free Monogram Fonts NOTE: You will need a commercial license to use on merchandise you intend to sell.

https://sarahmaker.com/free-monogram-fonts/

Alternatively, create your own custom designed glyphs and monograms with vector graphics software like Illustrator.  Vector graphic glyphs are essential so they can be re-scaled up or down without any loss in quality. 

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read Adobe's Font License below for details on what you can and can't do.

https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/using/font-licensing.html

Can I use the fonts to create products I will sell commercially, such as t-shirts, posters, books, magazines, or other printed merchandise?

Yes. You can use the fonts for any kind of merchandise, whether you’re designing a t-shirt for a friend or product packaging for a client. Other printed products, such as books or magazines, are permitted as well. There is no limitation on the number of impressions or items you may produce.

Can I use the fonts to make stencils, stickers, jewelry, or anything else that features a single letter or glyph?

No.  Creating products from individual glyphs (monograms) is not allowed in any format.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for your reply. I have read those FAQ's but the second one about stencils, jewellery etc is where I am confused. If I make a cosmetic bag or a mug with a single letter on as part of the whole product, is that ok? The license and FAQ's are not clear enough. 

Thank you for your help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No.  Monograms (single glyphs) are not allowed.

35 Best Free Monogram Fonts NOTE: You will need a commercial license to use on merchandise you intend to sell.

https://sarahmaker.com/free-monogram-fonts/

Alternatively, create your own custom designed glyphs and monograms with vector graphics software like Illustrator.  Vector graphic glyphs are essential so they can be re-scaled up or down without any loss in quality. 

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Photoshop to Adobe Fonts.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines