• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search by font variation (i.e. italic)

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this feature is available, I'm not seeing it. It would be hugely helpful if the Browse Fonts feature allowed for a font style to be chosen in the filter, for example italic. I'm trying to find a font with a nice italic, but can't filter to see it in the preview, I have to click into every font to see what it looks like.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stacy,

Sorry for the delay in response. It looks like you need a fonts with a nice italics. However, in order to search for the font variation, we need to first search for the font and then you can view the family of the fonts which has all the variations in it.

For example, If am looking for a Samantha Italic font, then i will search for Samantha font and then go to view family. There it will show all the font variations as shown in the screenshot below.

italics.png

Please let me know if this is not what you are looking for.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's exactly my point. If I knew what font I wanted, I wouldn't be searching. It would be nice if I could browse all fonts, by their italic. To have to pick a font, click to view the whole family just to see the italic variation is extremly time consuming. If I can browse fonts by type - sans serif, mono, script, etc. - why can't I also browse by italic, bold, light? It seems to be a completely rudimentary function, one available in pretty basic font management software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stacy, I just want to add my support for your point. I've just gone into the Fonts search page expecting to be able to pull up lots of examples of italics. But, although all sorts of searches are possible, many I am unlikely to ever need, such as a narrow width, light weight, slab serif, art deco face (Niagara), there is no facility to search for italics. It's a big omission, I think.
Can I ask Adobe to add this feature asap. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mark,

I wouldn't hold your breath on this. I feel like Adobe provides these forums to give the appearance of monitoring, but they sure don't seem to take their user's concerns very seriously. As you see above, after their initial, unhelpful reply, they vanished.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Both,

I completely understand that this feature would be awesome and will take less time. I will make sure to share your feedbacks with the team for making improvements in the future.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, this issue still not resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This response is funny.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been a while but there is no action.  not cool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screen Shot 2023-03-25 at 12.39.04 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also voicing support for this feature!! Not being able to browse by italic fonts is extremely frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines