• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop removing fonts from my PC without warning?

Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to disable the auto-removal of fonts from my PC? This is a big issue in applications that don't warn you when your fonts have been replaced. I came very close to sharing work with substituted fonts. The window on fonts.adobe.com that pops up when you re-visit the font (again, you have to go manually find those -- there's no warning or notification that they were uninstalled, nor is there a way to filter them), says to click a little cloud download button, but then there's no cloud download button for the whole family, just the individual fonts. Wondering if there's a better way, thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @rburke-bsrc 

I would like to inform you that Adobe fonts that have not been used in over 150 days need to be reinstalled for use in older Creative Cloud and third-party apps. Creative Cloud keeps apps running smoothly by periodically cleaning up fonts that you don’t appear to be using.

You can quickly reinstall fonts on the Adobe Fonts website by clicking the cloud icon next to the font name in your Active Fonts list. Once the fonts are reinstalled, they will appear as usual in all your font menus. 

Please check this article and let us know if that helps: https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/using/activate-fonts-desktop.html

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you go on your CC app, you can see (in the app tab) an entry called "manage fonts" (bottom left)

Imaginerie_0-1681042778324.png

When you're there you can see the fonts active, including if you look on the top left, a toogle that says "previously active"

toggle it and you'll see all of them, making it easier to re-activate them

Imaginerie_1-1681042880855.png

Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines