• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Typekit has switched itself 'off' how do I turn it back on?

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried following the turn it off and on again advice I have found here in the adobe forum. That doesn't work.

On a separate note it has also taken me nearly an hour to even find how to post a question in this space - the interaction design needs closer attention I think as I have found many others commenting on the same thing - how can a company that creates design software create something where you can't actually find the main point - to ask questions. I actually stumbled across this and probably won't find it again. I shouldn't have to ask Google how to use Adobe's forums.

[Moved to Fonts by moderator.: Typekit has switched itself 'off' how do I turn it back on? ]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

typekit is now adobe fonts: Typekit Help | Welcome to Adobe Fonts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

> Typekit has switched itself 'off' how do I turn it back on?

It sounds like you are seeing a message that Typekit is off in the missing fonts window for InDesign, Illustrator, or Photoshop.

If so, try signing out of the software from the Help menu, and then sign back in. This will start a new Adobe ID session and should fix any issues with the connection to your account.  These instructions will work for any Creative Cloud program:

1. click on the Help menu and choose Sign Out

ind-signout copy.png

2. restart the program

3. click on the Help menu and Sign In

If that doesn't solve the problem, would you please post a screenshot of where you see the "Typekit is off" message? Here are instructions on how to take a screenshot, in case you need them: http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

Thank you,

-- liz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines