• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Typekit is sooooooo slow

Explorer ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else having this issue? I was waiting nigh on 10 minutes for Typekit to activate one font. It was telling me it was activated in the browser, but no mention of it in the desktop menu app and eventually the small window popped up top right to say it was activated. Sorry Adobe, but that is a ridiculous length of time to activate one font. Have had this issue with various other fonts too. Puts me off using Typekit if this is how long it takes.

Is there any way of speeding it up?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. I'm currently waiting for fonts to install. Found this thread trying to figure out why. 

Adobe, can we get an answer, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to see I'm not the only one one this happens with. It usually takes a few minutes to activate a font, but de-activating can take anywhere from 15-45 minutes! Sometimes turning off the Typekit service and restarting Creative Cloud helps, sometimes not. Also when I turn Typekit on often it will just randomly re-activate fonts I had disabled days or months ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. This week my work was delayed every day because of this arrggg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never had a problems with fonts loading before, but last few days its taken forever on both of my machines.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone – The Fonts team hears your frustration. While my reassurances aren't as valuable as offering a solution, please know we are actively working on determining the cause and treating this issue with top priority.

At this time, the best way to help the Adobe Fonts team fix activation issues is by posting your recent CoreSync logs from around the time you experience the delay, and let us know whether you are activating fonts in Creative Cloud Desktop or directly from the Adobe Fonts website. Here are instructions for collecting your computer's CoreSync logs:

> Tell us whether you are attempting to activate fonts within Creative Cloud Desktop when the issue occurs, or if you are activating from the Adobe Fonts website.

> Attach the recent CoreSync logs from your computer so we can take a closer look–

On OS X:

1. Open the Finder

2. under the Go menu, select "Go To Folder"

3. in the window that opens, type: ~/Library/Logs/CreativeCloud/CoreSync/

On Windows:

1. Open Windows Explorer

2. The log folder is hidden by default, so make sure that hidden folders and files are visible. Under the Organize menu, select Preferences and then the View tab. Choose the "Show hidden files, folders, & drives." option, then click Apply to confirm the changes.

3. Go to C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Temp\CreativeCloud\CoreSync\
where "(username)" is the name of your user folder on your computer.

Attach the 3 or 4 most recent CoreSync-yyyy-MM-dd.log files and please specify whether you are activating fonts in Creative Cloud Desktop or on the Adobe Fonts site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, so here are the requested log files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I have sent your logs to the team. Can you please tell me whether you are activating fonts within Creative Cloud Desktop or directly from the Adobe Fonts website when you experience this issue? (I've updated my response to include this question)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are last 3 from me on the Mac that is having the most problems.  Seeign this issueon my other one also though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I've found if I quit Creative Cloud & restart it usually rectifies the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Can you please tell me whether you are activating fonts within Creative Cloud Desktop or directly from the Adobe Fonts website when you experience this issue? (I've updated my response to include this question)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both, I think. I usually go through the CC app, but when I am browsing new fonts, it takes me to the website and I load them from there.  But I've tried to toggle fonts on or off within the app, and seems to be the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the files.  The font I am trying to activate is Bebas Neue, it had been previously activated as I use it often, I am not sure why it would have been deactivated.  It shows as activated in the desktop app, and online.  I have deactivated and reactivated it in both these areas and it will not activate in Illustrator.  Been forty minutes now, and it is disrupting my job.  This needs to stop as I wun into this issue constantly.  Especially with the newest updated to thr desktop app.  this needs to be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So after 2+ years, this still isn't fixed? Are you serious?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Molly,

I am not sure if you still work at Adobe or if you still check this thread but I found the solution. It's the Adobe CC syncing that is slowing down the font syncing. (I'm on MacBook Pro) When I click the cloud icon on the top right of the Creative Cloud app, I see my library and the CC files are synced 100% but the icon on the right shows that I can pause it. I'm guessing this means the app is still trying to contantly sync bogging down the traffic even though it's all synced. When I pause both of them, the fonts sync instantly. So it's the CC continuously hogging up the traffic preventing it to sync the fonts. Please fix this because it is really frustrating many users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Same here, my friend. Accidentally discovered turning Adobe sync off and
things got better. Nice job, ADOBE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same problem here, May 2021. Activating fonts is painful so I avoid using Adobe fonts altogether unless I really have to. I have a fast machine and the fastest interent connection available in UK at present and still have to wait 10 mins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is a real P I T A but I close the file load the fonts close the program restart the program and the fonts are then activated  reopen the file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is years old and they still cannot seem to figure out how to load small font files in a timely manner. It's absolutly insane that this still hasn't been resolved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for good measure I'll reiterate what's working and what's not working for me

- if my Creative Cloud App is not up to date, fonts don't sync

- if an application in Creative Cloud is not up to date, ie, Illustrator needs an update, font's don't sync

- if I'm running Suitcase Fusion Pro to manage my fonts (which I am) the typekit fonts show up right away, yet are not accessible in my Adobe apps - UNLESS - I manually deactivate, and then activate from within Suitcase Fusion.

...If you're not running suitcase, then just make sure your apps are all up to date, and see if that does the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME !!!!  C'mon Adobe!! This never used to be like this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening when I try to activate fonts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, this has been going on for over 2 years.
Honestly, don't expect Adobe to fix the issue.

My best advice is - Consider moving to different software.
There are plenty of software now that will compete with Adobe.

The ONLY advantage of Adobe these days, is the integration between apps which still isn't perfect anyways.

My advice would be to use the following software:

Adobe Photoshop -> Affinity Photo (Very cheap compared to Photoshop)
(Luminar is also an option here)

Adobe Premiere Pro -> Davinci Resolve (Free and POWERFUL version is available)

Adobe Audition -> Reaper (Reaper.fm)
Adobe Illustrator -> Affinity Designer

Adobe InDesign -> Affinity Publisher

Adobe Lightroom -> DarkTable (Free) or Capture One Pro

Etc.

There even exists many free softwares now that can do almost the same stuff.

Adobe is simply not that good anymore. The software is PACKED with features that slows the softwares. Often features most people don't use.
They are poorly optimized, they crash, support is mostly non-existing etc.

Just switch and have them learn the hard way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. One solution I found was rather than scroll through them from top to bottom, instead, scroll to the end of the list and use your up arrow key to view them in reverse alphabetical order. Perhaps something to do with the cache?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't do programming, designing or coding. As a browser user, I'm frustrated by minutes-long delays in getting web pages to load due to the "Performing a TLS Handshake to p.typekit.net" syndrome. I frequently just hit the back button and try a different search result for what I'm looking for. Does someone make a browser add-on that remedies or bypasses that delay? I cannot make DNS changes to my work PC, but I could get permission to install a browser plugin to end the typekit.net waiting period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to me the whole Typekit server is messed up - even browsing it takes forever. I don't know if it is the US servers or server mirrors not working (I wouldn't be surprised if there are none) or something... I'm writing from UK. It is barely able to download the front page thumbnails, things display at 2000s modem speed.

So, all in all, I wouldn't trust Adobe's Creative Cloud servers or web fonts one bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines