Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Unable to install fonts due to conflict.

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using the font Monserrat but we use the creative cloud the Monserrat does not appear, it defaults to Arial.

We confirmed that the font is not embedded within the PDF file, open the PDF file and press Ctrl-D. Open the Fonts pane and scroll down looking for "DavidD". Next, to the font name, it should not say (embedded). That would confirm that the problem is due to the font not being installed on your system.When I have performed this Ctrl-D – Monserrat does not appear as an option.

When trying to install it says that it cannot donwload due to conflict  - see attached.

TOPICS
Collaboration, Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020
I actually just fixed mine this morning.  I uninstalled the font via the control panel and then reinstalled it via the Adobe Creative Cloud app. All seems to be working fine now.

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you able to resolve this issue? 

I've got the same problem with Open Sans.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunltey not. We were told by the supplier that the newest update would resolve it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually just fixed mine this morning. 

I uninstalled the font via the control panel and then reinstalled it via the Adobe Creative Cloud app. All seems to be working fine now.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into the same problem with Open Sans this morning. For some reason the font names in the Adobe files appears to have changed since yesterday. After uninstalling and reinstalling the fonts as you laid out I still had the issue. Then when I  used the "Find Fonts" option in Illustrator I saw that the font was there but the name had changed from "OpenSans Extra Bold" to "Open Sans Extrabold" for no apparent reason. When I replaced the document font with  the same font on my system with the slightly differnt name my document appeared exactly as it did when I saved it at the end of yesterday. 

Adobe Support, why would you take an action like this that would clearly cause so much headache for your users? It just doesn't make any sense to me. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with Trade Gothic Next. It was working fine yesterday and today Trade Gothic Next Regular is not recognized in InDesign... I've restarted the program, restarted my computer, deactivated and reactivated the font multiple times. In the CC app on my desktop it says "Unable to install this font" and has red dots over each version of Trade Gothic Next even though they're showing up just fine in InDesign (except for Regular as mentioned previously).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having similar repeated issues in PhotoShop (Windows 10) with multiple fonts. Have unloaded and reloaded. Reinstalled software. Its nuts. This software is expensive, and I can't even type fonts. WTF Adobe. Fix this!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suddenly have the same problem. With me it has to do with the Auto Pro font. Creative Cloud says: "unable to install due to conflict". But the font appears fine in Illustrator or InDesign. I assume it has to do with fonts that are renamed, but Adobe hasn't updated the file list.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines