• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Adobe Fonts in Website Generated PDFs

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am using an adobe font (Soleto) on my website. It is working great and I have a feature on my website where PDF's are generated for pages that can be downloaded. I need the Soleto font to be used in the PDF files as well. Typically this is done by uploading the TTF font file and using that in the PDF, but I am unable to download the font file. How can this be done?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are using the online Adobe service, this does not give you a license to use fonts in this way. You'd have to buy a separate license. Confusingly, Adobe Fonts, the service does not only offer fonts owned by Adobe. Most of them are licensed from other makers. Soleto is licensed from Dalton Maag. https://www.daltonmaag.com/

1. Bear in mind that Soleto is a font family e.g. Italic, Light. There are 14 styles, each to be licensed separately if you need it. 

2. Modern fonts come as OTF not TTF, be sure your web site converter can handle this.

3. Dalton Maag offers three different licenses, but I don't know which one allows you to install it onto a server, as it is not a personal use; but nor is it a web font. Best to contact them to clarify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines