• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Variable fonts

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can't I filter by variable fonts in Adobe Fonts?? Why is there no option to add a variable font to a web project where it makes the most sense? I see many articles talking about Acumin's variable font capabilities, yet I can't find a way to actually get it for any of my projects? Am I supposed to load countless font styles instead of just one woff?

TOPICS
How to , Missing feature , Missing font , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OpenType Variable fonts are not yet supported by the Adobe Fonts service, either for conventional workflows (including for use in conventional non-web use cases) or for web.

The OpenType Variable CFF2 fonts released with the Adobe Creative Cloud applications all have the word Concept in them, have limited character sets, and are not the final versions of those fonts.

There are still “issues” to be resolved in use of these fonts in InDesign and Illustrator. Furthermore, there are currently numerous bugs in Microsoft Office and in Windows that make use of these fonts untenable for production at this point.

Stay tuned!

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines