• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very Confused Regarding Cloud Membership and Adobe Fonts

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, I feel like a huge idiot right now!

I first purchased Photoshop CS5 a few years ago followed by Adobe Flash CS6. Since they were not cloud apps, and I am a middle-aged grandmother, I was fine just quietly using them on my laptop at home and leaving the cloud jumping to the generations that came after me.

Now, when I just received an update on a new laptop, I got a message from Adobe telling me that with my Cloud membership I was entitled to some services, including a bunch of fonts. I LOVE finding fonts,! It's actually kind of an obsession of mine. Therefore I thought I would venture out of my comfort zone and check these fonts out.

Now, I only have the free creative cloud membership, and on my account it clearly states that among other things, I can use Adobe Fonts (sounds like only with Adobe products). HOWEVER, when I found the first font I liked, and I tried to figure out how to download it, (which was not at all clear to an old lady like me) I did get a message, or error, or something that told me that I would NOT be eligible for Adobe Fonts until I SUBSCRIBED to a Creative Cloud membership, at which time I could download the remaining three fonts. (Three?   Nobody mentioned a limit on the fonts we could use.

So, can someone please explain to this old lady whether or not I need to subscribe to a paid Creative Cloud Membership to use the Fonts (which isn't happening because I can't afford it!) or if my Free Creative Cloud membership is sufficient.

Also, I apologize for my long "discussion" when I probably could have asked my question in a couple of sentences.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

The CS5 versions of applications were only offered as perpetual licenses that are still usable assuming that your OS version hasn't been updated to the point where the application(s) can no longer run (often the case with MacOS).

Currently, Adobe graphic arts applications such as Photoshop are only available with Creative Cloud subscriptions. Unless you have a paid Creative Cloud subscription, you are only entitled to synchronize with three fonts from Adobe Fonts at a time. You have a “free” subs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The CS5 versions of applications were only offered as perpetual licenses that are still usable assuming that your OS version hasn't been updated to the point where the application(s) can no longer run (often the case with MacOS).

Currently, Adobe graphic arts applications such as Photoshop are only available with Creative Cloud subscriptions. Unless you have a paid Creative Cloud subscription, you are only entitled to synchronize with three fonts from Adobe Fonts at a time. You have a “free” subscription which limits you to the three fonts.

The full Creative Cloud subscription includes access to all the Adobe Fonts Library which is included in the cost of that subscription (it isn't “free” in any sense although it is at no additional cost with a Creative Cloud subscription).

Also note that the Adobe Fonts service does not provide downloadable fonts. Fonts are activated and while activated are available to applications on your system (not only Adobe applications, but also Microsoft Office and any other applications which use standard OS font services), but you don't have direct access to the font files themselves.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines