Adobe Fonts constantly deactivates…

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I reinstalled whole computer but before that I regularly signed off my account and reinstalled system and Adobe Creative Cloud and its apps I needed to use. But when I opened InDesign or Illustrator, documents in which I had fonts used by Adobe Typekit were not synchronized. I partly resolved it with deactivating and then activating fonts in ACC preferences. It lasts for me sometimes few minutes, sometimes few hours but deactivates again. I tried to reinstall it also but with no result. Only way to activate them again is to switch Adobe Fonts toggle again off and on. Is there any permanent fix for that? Im using Mac OS Catalina

TOPICS
Activation, Missing font, Offline font, Product issue, Sync issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Community Beginner , Sep 14, 2020
damir.grbic@graspo.com Community Beginner , Sep 14, 2020
Only solution working for me is when Adobe installs after clean installation of MacOS Catalina, it mostly doesn't work, so to prevent bugs from crappy Adobe you need to make new account under Mac OS and under this it will work as before.

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same issue and it's unbelievably annoying. Not to mention time consuming because a simple task takes 5 extra minutes to accomplish. Currently I do the same thing you do - and still looking for a fix.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I been having this deactivated fonts issue since TypeKit it frustrates me. And now what's more annoying, when I access the desktop Adobe CC app, I have to click reactivate the fonts one by one. No option to reactivate all. I'm pissed off and wish there's another company who will stand up and beat Adobe. They have been leading the design app market for too long they feel too secure to fix stuff like these.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, font keep deactivate.. worse still they remove the font and i have to replace hundred pages of document. This is unnecessary add up time on me and my client project, and why the need to reactivate font everytime i open the document?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only solution working for me is when Adobe installs after clean installation of MacOS Catalina, it mostly doesn't work, so to prevent bugs from crappy Adobe you need to make new account under Mac OS and under this it will work as before.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines