• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All projects with Aktiv Grotesk show the font being offset vertically. See images.

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We recently updated our web projects to adjust some font options. Upon making the update, Typekit must have changed some configuration in the rendering and now ALL projects with Aktiv Grotesk, (that we've been using for at least 2 years) is broken.

For some reason, the font sits slightly higher than normal, and so all of our buttons and assets that show borders have the font sitting slightly too high.

This is a live commercial website, and the placements of our fonts contribute to presentations that we generate for our sales and client services team. We have no way that I know of to rectify this using just CSS. I'm sure we're not the only ones that will be impacted by this for those using Aktiv Grotesk.

See our buttons breaking:

See text in buttons are off centreSee text in buttons are off centre

See even on fonts.adobe.com how the Aktiv Grotesk font is sitting high above in the box.

Even on fonts.adobe.com it does not sit in the center like proxima doesEven on fonts.adobe.com it does not sit in the center like proxima does

TOPICS
Font rendering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same problem, hope it will be solved soon.

Best regards
Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm having that issue with a few fonts specifically in Firefox. I can't tell if it's an issue with the font itself or some communication with the FF browser, but a number of fonts shift up a instead of centering. Chrome and Safari are good. I'm not sure if this is a separate issue or related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue with Nobel but the baseline is too low.Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 1.19.37 PM.png

I chnaged the style on this page: https://fonts.adobe.com/fonts/nobel to have a line-height of 1 and removed the padding. The font shouldn't fall below the container it is in and is messing up on a site I'm trying to code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue as the Original Poster with Aktiv Grotesk.   In Excel, the linespacing is about 50% too large.   

It appears that some weights of the font are set up with too high of a linesize, but I'm not sure how to troubleshoot that or report it to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here with aktiv grotesk in excel. additionally excel change the cellpadding if using german words with ä, ö, ü.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

more then a year later and the issue isn't still solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines