• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"A font could not be added due to a conflict"

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the fix for this? I'm on a deadline, so please help.

I went to work on a file and all of a sudden my fonts no longer work. I got the message, "A font could not be added due to a conflict." It then said a font of the same name is installed.

- I did the deactivate/activate
- I looked for a font in the same name on my hard drive and deactivated that
- I logged on/logged off of CC

I am using a Mac, and updated to v15.1.3 (still on High Sierra -- and not planning on updating to Catalina yet).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant to say, "Would you please help me?"
So sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE
I went looking in the wrong place for the fonts on my hard drive...
1. Quite by accident, I figured out that I could go to Library/Fonts/ and select the font in question.
2. I moved it to the trash.
3. Then, I went back into my CC account, selected Manage Fonts and reactivated/reinstalled it.
4. Then, I went back into the file and the font reappeared.

**My question though, is why did this happen? Yes, I moved the file-and-folder into a different folder, but I've done this before without incident...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the kind of error message that I thought we -- as a community of computer users -- had long since decided we ought not continue to use!

Telling us there's a problem without providing any options to solve it is from the 1980s, folks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @questionsfromnyc  just unistall the same font from your pc and try reactivate fonts in adobe ceative cloud app. This will resolve the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did as mentioned, but end up with the same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2023 Aug 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open up Creative Cloud and click on "Fonts." Make sure to manually click Fonts which are not installed. This should clear the error message. At least this is what worked for me.  Please comment if this worked for anyone with the same issue. Good luck! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same error message, what finally worked for me was:

1. Closing the file I was working on

2. Uninstalling the entire font family on Adobe fonts

3. Reopening the file

4. Within the file Adobe automatically downloaded the fonts I had already set the textboxes to, without me needing to download them myself

I hope this may help someone with the same error!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines