Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2023 Media Encoder won't render video

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I recently updated my After Effects and Media Encoder to v 23.0.1. In my After Effects, when I go to File --> Export --> Add to Adobe Media Encoder Queue, the file doesn't load into the queue. I've tried adding the aep file to the queue in Media Encoder and I've tried to Add to Render Queue instead of add to Adobe Media Encoder Queue. I've tried turning off parallel encoding in Media Encoder and I have tried changing the renderer to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only in Media Encoder. Neither have worked. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export or render , How to , Performance , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue after updating to 2023. AE and Me wont link after prompting AE to add to Media Encoder Queue. I have various renders to export in various formats and this is unnesesarily delaying the process. Any solves?   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, wasted hours now. Just incredibly frustrating, because everything was working fine a few days ago before installing the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Neither reinstalling or going back a few versions has helped me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the update the queue window wasn't where I tought it was. So I was looking at the wrong window waiting for the export to appear. So actually not a software problem but a little strange UI flaw in my opinion. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here too. I've had a terrible time trying to get my AE compositions to load without saying Dynamic Link Failed. This was working all fine a few days ago, until I updated. I have uninstalled the latest version of Encoder and still getting no luck in Exporting AE Comps to AME now, from previous version. What should have been a quick export of a test sequence has cost me a few hours and still no luck. I have two machines, and seems to be working ok on one of them, but initally buggy on start up giving me error meassages. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either do I. Adobe Media encoder is bugging when I try to render mp4 videos. It appears that the renders have about 1-24kb and doesn't work when I try to play it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The AME gives this message: "The file importer detected an inconsistency in the file structure of <filename.mp4> Reading and writing of this file's metadata (XMP) has been disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I worked in Ae last fall, Adobe did  a new update. (You fix problems I didn't know that I had and created new problems I can't fix.) Now, I have to put my Ae files into Media Encoder to export in MP4. It is rendered as a H.264 but I cannot export it. There is no MP4 file to choose from in the list. There is MP3 for audio, H.264 and a MPEG4 in the list. According to the web, these format fils are all unique witjh have different properites.So how do I get my two original Ae files out of Media Encoder in a MP4 format? 
I give up and sm going to get some sleep. Hopefully when I wake up in the morning, someone will had solved my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Beverly24650308b1ex, I totally understand your question because it is not right obvious what to do to have a .mp4 file. You need to know, similar to .mov (Quicktime) a .mp4 (H.264, H.265, MPEG4) is just a container format that can contain different format variations. What you want is the format: H.264 what puts out a .mp4 file and will run on nearly any platforms and devices. Depending on the qualtiy choose a preset MatchSource Low/Middle/High. In AME Export Settings Dialog you will see the estimated filesize, what will give you an idea of the final output size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines