• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adaptive Bitrate for Wowza Streaming Engine

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So we're working on a VOD / "Live" Streaming network that feeds from the Video on Demand Library. So basically what I need to do is create different birate versions of our 1080 masters for example. I'd need it in example 720, 480,360,160 and I load those files onto the Wowza Server.

Could I also install Media Encoder on a system dedicated to watching a watch folder to do this encoding for me?

What's the most efficent way to make this happen with Adobe Media Encorder? I've attached the URL for bitrate instructions from Wowza for reference - 

Instructions for taking the converted bitrate files to create the ABR Stream - https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-do-adaptive-bitrate-streaming

Instructions for using FFMEG to encode - 

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-live-stream-using-ffmpeg-with-wowza-streaming-engine

Screen Shot 2021-04-04 at 1.16.51 PM.png

Thanks! 

TOPICS
Export or render , Formats , How to , Tips and tricks , Watch folders

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most basic part of what I'm trying to figure out is what's the best method of creating this as a preset at the very least. So that when I bring something into Encoder I already have a preset made to create the 4 resolution versions to that spec. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So a year later and this topic seemingly never had any interest. We're still wanting to get this project going. So i'm here bumping it again. Does anyone have any recommendations if Media Encoder would be a good option? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure that the situation will change much if you put Wowza in front of the address bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines