• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media Encoder Not Working Properly

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AME recently stopped working for me. It will launch when I queue a project to be exported, however, the project won't show up in AME so I can start the export process. I've searched and tried everything I can find with regards to fixing AME but still not working. I see a lot of posts about AME not working throughout the Internet with a few suggestions to fix but nothing seems to work with any regularity with anyone.

When it stopped working, I hadn't made any changes to my computer (iMac OS 10.11.3) or to my Adobe apps (I'm a CC subscriber). There was an update to PP and AME available, which I downloaded/installed but still not working.

[Moderator note: moved to best forum]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

I can think of one possibility but as you've not listed what you've done, I of course have no idea if you've already done this.

Which would be ... download the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Now, using that app, uninstall & "clean" out AME, then reboot the computer. Using the CC Desktop app, download/install a fresh copy of AME.

Sometimes the apps lose track of each other due to corruption or something, and this might

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

I was getting SO frustrated because AME suddenly stopped working. I updated everything etc, but the solution was that the Queue panel of Media Encoder closed somehow, so I couldn't see the projects I was sending from After Effects. Once I reopened the queue everything was there! (and like 35 compositions waiting to be renderered because I tried it so many times out of frustration)

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your AME not encoding, rendering, exporting, download Adobe CC Cleaner Tool, fresh install AME and AE, re-open queue panel of media encoder or downgrade it to the older version. In case, you're still unlucky, you need try more methods to fix this issue or to tackle AME gets crash importing video error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem after the most recent update (in 2021). I did a couple of simple things, not sure which did the trick, but I got it working again. 1) In AE, go to Edit > Purge > All Memory & Disk Cache; 2) Uninstall AE and ME, reinstall; 3) Restart computer. A pain in the neck, but I got things working in less than 30 min. Hope that helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Adobe Media Encoder 2022 not working: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj16T_Ds0bkv2xGx1yqdWnY9HoaO

I just reinstalled it but still not working. The app crashes at the launch

MacOS monterey 12.0.1

Best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, After Effects 22.1.1 Adobe media encoder 22.1.1

When sendinf from After to encoder nothing happens.... This is a major issue, both software are clean new install....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's back on 1 of our working station and at home for someone.... Let's pray for this not expand on all our workingstation...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using the Mercury Playback Engine Software Only option when rendering rather than the GPU acceleration option. Worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines