• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media Encoder Not Working

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I updated all my adobe applications, today 10/26, ME has not been working at all. Sometimes it will allow me to send my After Effects project to the queue , other times nothing will happen. I noticed ME has trouble connection to Dynamic Link Server as well, not sure if this helps. 

- Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Error or problem , Export or render , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too! Media Encoder has trouble connecting to my After Effects projet... sometimes it doesn't even open at all.

HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Media Encoder 22 just doesn't import projects from neither AE nor Premiere. I had to roll-back to previous versions of AE, Premiere and ME to finish my work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to Media Encoder Version 22.0 (Build 107) and all of my presets and Workspaces were gone! It was like a fresh install with new preferences and log file.

How does that happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing, have 2019 render in AE, but new update wont render in ME 2022 with no option to revert to older Media Encoder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved this by opening my 2019 AE project in my newly updated 2022 AE, THEN it open in AME 2022. Hopefully it renders ok. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case you need it, to roll-back to previous version of Media Encoder or install older version next to the new one, just open the Creative Cloud Desktop app, go to All Apps, then click on the elipsis (three dots) icon next to the "open" button of the app you're interested in and select "other versions" (or "older versions"). Modal / pop-up window opens with selection of several older version available for instalation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PR and AME 22.0.0: I could not queue to AME from PR (hang or crash) and when closing PR would get a "PR has to close" error. And, if I tried to open AME directly, it would just hang on the splash screen.

I usually ignore the advice to clean the cache before running new versions. I went back and deleted all media cache files. Reset preferences and plugins for good measure. Works fine now. Only tested a couple queues from PR and once opening AME, but it did nothing before.

Have not tested AE yet.

Method: open PR but do not open a project. Edit -> Preferences -> Media Cache -> Remove Media Cache Files (Delete).

Pick "Delete all Media Cache" - I think it means from "this location, but proceed at your own risk.

Anyone confirm this is still the correct method (since version 14/PR 2020)?

You can also just delete unused media cache, but I suspect it does not have the same effect.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removing media cache didn't make much difference 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Estou com o mesmo problema. Nada funciona! E para ficar pior, agora na hora de salvar aparece esse erro.Erro2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Same issue here, i updated all my apps and Media Encoder doesn't work anymore, stuck in the Reading XMP section when i try to encoder a comp from Ae.

Worst Update. Adobe is making some weird changes, appears to be a cheap app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Media encoder just hangs when sending from After Effects or importing directly from media encoder. Adobe what have you done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here. doesnt export after upgrade and hangs at 00:00:01. try to click same as source link and returns error source cannot be found. going to try reverting...better solve as im on a deadline... another botched afternoon wasted thanks to adobe. at what point does software cost you more time than it saves...wish this wasnt a monopoly but aim going to try experimenting with affinity. tired of this rigmarole

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep same issue 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here!  Won't render.  Just hangs 'connecting'?  Fix please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also happening to me! If I can get my AE comp into Media Encoder it gets stuck on the dynamic link to project. It's been days and I've had to just render in AE and export to either Photoshop or convert it from a mov file to an mp4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 11.38.40 AM.png

Facing this issue, not rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Either it doesn't pass to Media Encoder, or it doesn't get beyond connecting to a project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I could work-around it was to uninstall both AE and AME and reinstall the older version.

That defeats paying the very expensive subscription for the most up-to-date versions?

Get this fixed Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.. added the after effects comp to ME and when hitting render it gets stuck at "Reading XMP"... had one that started rendering for a couple of frames and then ME stopped working and crashed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues here as everyone else.  Also when ME does render without crashing I'm seeing very large swap-files being generated and system-wide slowdowns (MacOS 11.6).  Even with ME open and not rendering, I'm finding AE won't finish savinge a project and stops at 95% save 😞  

Seems a lot of issues with this CC release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, the only way I found without re-installing previous version of the software is to restart the mac, after restart the first renders go well and then it stucks on connecting to project... please fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same! "Connecting to the project" for ages(( Me22.0 from Ae22.0 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me here !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines