Adobe Media Encoder v 22.5 is now available for download from Creative Cloud desktop app.
This update introduces remote notifications, the option to shut down the computer after exports are completed, interface refinements and bug fixes. It is recommended for all users.
What's new in version 22.5
Adobe Media Encoder can now notify you when encoding completes.
You can decide to automatically shut down your computer after all queued encoding jobs are complete.
Adobe Media Encoder now offers support for RED V-RAPTOR cameras.
“Computer Shutdown on encoding complete”
That's actually pretty huge ! Thanks to the team for this new feature !
You're welcome! In v22.5 we added three of the top five customer feature requests and we plan to continuing focusing on what our customers are asking for.
M1 Max 32GB Monetery 12.4
Rendering AE projects in ME is now EXTREMELY slow. It was an essential part of my workflow but is now unusable. For instance. Rendering 4 small 30s comps to ProRes 4444 from AE takes < 1 minute. In ME it now takes 36 minutes. Clearly something is wrong here. It was not an issue on previous verisons. I hope this will be fixed in the next update.
I'm also experiencing this.
but unfortunately I have some big problems with this version. For one of my projects it often happens that I select several short timelines and want to render with the same settings. This worked before without any problems. Since this version, this workflow is no longer possible without errors. Either the Media Encoder or Premiere crashes. Today alone I have sent at least 3 or 4 crash reports. Furthermore, I also have the impression that the render process is much slower than before.
Thanks for the update. However, it is taking me hours to render a 2 min video from after effects. Normally the same video would take maybe 10 or 15 min but right now the estimated time has increased to even 20hrs. This is affecting my workflow in a very negative way, This is not an excuse I can brought to a client. Qhen this would be addressed?
My workflow involves making different lengths and versions of a spot within the same sequence in Premiere Pro. Normally I'd select my in/out, send to Media Encoder, and as it's populating in the queue I would continue selecting different in/out points and sending them to ME (with different file names, of course).
I've been having this issue since yesterday's update where the source in/out is getting changed within ME. I now have to wait for each spot to populate within ME before I can send something else to the queue or else it'll apply the same in/out points to everything that's in the process of being added.
Example: if I send a :15 spot to Media encoder followed by a :10 spot, they'll both be the same :10 spot despite the different filenames and source in/out within Premiere. So now I have to see the :15 in the queue before I can send the :10.
It's not a huge deal but it's slowing me down a lot, especially since it takes a couple minutes for spots to populate within Media Encoder (the only reason I can think of for the delay is that I'm using mogrts so there's a bit more processing time).
The interface "refinements" are killing my eyes. Im not sure if it's a font change, of the text has more contrast. But the definied boxes and UI text and now REALLY hard on the eye. I rolled back and the diffrence is chalk and cheese. The new UI makeover feels like a version from 5 yrs ago. Can we please have the option to just leave it as it is.
Since the update I simply can't export videos from media encoder.
The loading screen just freezes and nothing happens, it also eats all the memory from my computer and a dialog box appears saying there is no memory.
In the previous version I had no problems at all.
Copy link to clipboard
Sending files from PR to Media Encoder is extremly slow here e.g. 10x6 second files for basic MP4 render is a least 20 minutes. This is on iMacPro intel machine.