• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media Encoder v23.6 is now available!

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Media Encoder v23.6 is now available for download from Creative Cloud desktop app.

This update includes performance improvements & important bug fixes. This update is recommended for all users.

Issues fixed in v23.6

• Crash on launch if access to folders on MacOS is denied. 
  • Browsing files in Media Browser writes XMP for text files.
  • Uploads to Vimeo could fail.
  • Adobe Media Encoder throws many errors for destructing a listener on a thread other than the main thread.
  • Several memory management-related crashers lead to throw errors.
  • Import of Premiere Project with offline media doesn’t get an offline warning.
  • The name of export effect “Name Overlay,” changed to “Text Overlay” to indicate that options other than filename are available.
  • Installing unrelated font canceling the current encoding.
  • The "YouTube Terms of Use" Button isn't available.
  • System Preset Icon for Stock Presets is missing.
  • Missing fonts warning when importing sequences natively with custom fonts.
  • MXF files from a few cameras like Panasonic VariCam LT could show half green frame on monitor and thumbnails.
  • The system could get into a state where CPU resources were low after decoding MXF OP1a AVC-Intra media.
  • Opening sequences in Media Encoder with "Import sequences natively" disabled resulted in clips with embedded captions displayed as Media Offline.
  • When opening a Premiere Pro sequence that uses audio effects or third-party plugins in Media Encoder, Caption options would not be displayed, and captions would always be burned in.

Complete documentation

New features

Fixed issues

Known issues

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been struggling for a number of weeks now with exporting from After Effects to Media Encoder. it's been very inconsistent in doing this process, most times I do file > export > media encoder and it may even open the program, but then nothing pops up no matter how long I wait. I try to drag the comp over and that doesn't work. We have to use specific encoding for our projects via media encoder so now it takes me 3x as long because I have to render a video out via Render Queue and THEN bring that into Media Encoder to complete. I'm also unable to work on other projects during this process so I really need to be able to send projects directly to Media Encoder to render. Any suggestions on how to get this process working again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today.. Media Encoder is not available in my subscription? Why?.. The application was already into my plan. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having promblems connecting to Dynamic Link server...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2023 Sep 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As usual, this update has wiped all of my presets on all machines. I was able to get them back via syncing but not the Preset Tree. I had over 100 presets arranged into folders and Watch Folders - not any more. Cannot believe this is still happening. Can you tell me how to roll back to my previous Preset Tree on a Mac with cloud syncing @Sumeet Kumar Choubey? And can you tell me if Adobe is working on fixing this? It seems like a common complaint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to here this, the removal of the custom presets shouldn't happen. For further inverstigation, please can provide more information: From which version do you update? Was it a 22.x or a previous 23.x version? What Creative Cloud app settings do you have turned on for new installation? Is remove all previous version and preferences on or off?
Good to here you get your preset back via syncing. The PresetTree itself will be create dynamically. So if this is removed (clean preferences) then there is no chance to get it back. We will investigate to keep this PresetTree in future release on clearing the preferences, to keep a custom build structure. Once a custom preset is removed and AME didn't find it, it will be removed from the PresetTree structure and need to be added back by hand, if it would be available later. So removing the custom presets and launching AME will always remove the custom structure from the preset manager tree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has happened to me on every major update (14 to 15, 15 to 22, 22 to 23) and occasionally in between. This time it was 23.5 to 23.6. CC is set to import previous settings and preferences and not delete older versions. Previously I have been able to copy the preset tree file from the older version manually and get my folders back, but that did not work either this time. I expect that file is too old, as it only preserves the 22.0 folder - there is no backup of the 23.5 preset tree that I can find. Cloud sync doesn't sync my folder structure or Watch Folders, only the presets, which is frustrating as I work across multiple machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you launch AME and hold the "shift" key, we delete the preferences. Due to the long validation process on Mac, it could happen that you launch AME in the background and will just remove the prefs because you accidently hit it. Currently we are working on a better solution to solve this issue with the pref resets and that you've got an additional validation before we are doing this. Beside of this: A fix is on the way to prevent deleting your custom presets or the presettree on preference reset or version switch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sven! Okay, wow - I have so many questions now! But first, no I don't believe this is what is happening. I have no reason to use the shift key when opening any Adobe product as I just click on the apps in the dock. The problem occurs on every major update on both of my machines, so the odds that I just happen to hit the shift key on both machines immediately after an update are pretty slim. But why would you even have that feature? Why would someone want to delete all their preferences at launch? And why is it so easy to do? Are you able to give a timeline on when the fix you mentioned? Is there a roadmap that users can access to see what fixes are coming? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback 'The Bunyip'. So with the AME beta next week we should keep the PresetTree.xml on reseting the preferences. For your special case: We believe you strange behaviour has something to do with the usage of the sync settings. Because on a new version we do not really check to copy existing preferences if sync settings is in use. The advantage is your custom presets are stored there, but we never store the PresetTree.xml, because it contains platform and computer specific data that will not work on another platform. My feeling is you issue will still remain, if you are using the sync settings for this.
To fix this another workflow might be helpful. First: Uncheck delete Preferences in the Creative Cloud App for AME for new version install or remove AME. This ensure the prefs, Custom Presets + PresetTree.xml, will stick in the Documents folder, so you still have the data if something goes wrong. So every time you can copy over the "Presets" pref folder from one version to another. On launching AME it should be available. 
To work on different platforms/computers you should be able to copy your custom presets by hand without issues. The PresetTree.xml needs to created by hand once and after this it should be available with each new update.
Hope that information helps to solve your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Sven, I can't find any setting to delete preferences on update, only to import preferences from previous versions (which I have checked). It doesn't say anything about deleting the old ones so I always assumed they would be kept, but instead they have been overwritten as far as I can tell. The only other ones I now have are 22.0 and 15.0. But now things are getting weirder - I started rebuilding the tree, and then it must have synced with the cloud again and now all of my presets have been pulled back out of their folders, and new copies have been downloaded. So I have 2 of everything and nothing in the folders I set up again yesterday, but the new folders are still there. With your fix should I still sync my preferences or do you think it best to do everything manually? That would be okay but my preset tree probably changes more often than my presets as I build out group folders for projects - so it is a bit of a pain to keep 2 machines up to date, but not impossible. I'm guessing it would be better for now to run it all manually, and switch off auto update so I can make sure I have everything backed up before updating. And then wait for the Preset Tree transfer functionality to be added into the update process in the (near??) future...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines