AfterEffects Media Encoder freezes everytime with just a few seconds remaining!!

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had AfterEffects for the past few months - And it previously worked fine.

I used it yesterday (1st time in a few weeks | and it updated to the latest version)...
But the result is that every single time I try to export a video (just 3-minutes length), it freezes/hangs when it's showing just a few seconds remaining.

• I tried leaving it for 8-hours+ | That didn't work.

• Uninstalled/re-installed | That didn't work.

• Cleared caches | That didn't work.

• Tried exporting the video without any effects added | That worked (but is of no use as the purpose of AE is to add the effects!)

• Tried cutting the video to just 7-seconds length, but with effects added | That worked (but ofcourse the video is meant to be 3-minutes length)

• Went back to the 2021 version of both AE & AME | That hasn't made any difference.

I've looked online and this exact same error (AE freezing with just a few seconds remaining) has been reported by hundreds/thousands of other people previously...
Yet no fix seems to of been posted?

So if anyone knows how to fix it, that'd be massively appreciated?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To update my own thread:

I spoke with AE support, and they basically said that AME is known to have multiple faults & errors when trying to export video files (despite that literally being it's 1 & only job!)...

And so if you're experiencing this fault you need to:

1. Export the file via Render (within the AE program), rather than via Media Encoder.
*This however will save your video in .MOV format, rather than .MP4

2. You need to then open the Media Encoder programme, import you .MOV video file there, and then export it again for 2nd time (into .MP4 format).

It is pretty shocking that AfterEffects has such a huge issue, is fully aware of it, but yet THIS is the best solution they've managed to come up with!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines