• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AfterEffects Media Encoder freezes everytime with just a few seconds remaining!!

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had AfterEffects for the past few months - And it previously worked fine.

I used it yesterday (1st time in a few weeks | and it updated to the latest version)...
But the result is that every single time I try to export a video (just 3-minutes length), it freezes/hangs when it's showing just a few seconds remaining.

• I tried leaving it for 8-hours+ | That didn't work.

• Uninstalled/re-installed | That didn't work.

• Cleared caches | That didn't work.

• Tried exporting the video without any effects added | That worked (but is of no use as the purpose of AE is to add the effects!)

• Tried cutting the video to just 7-seconds length, but with effects added | That worked (but ofcourse the video is meant to be 3-minutes length)

• Went back to the 2021 version of both AE & AME | That hasn't made any difference.

I've looked online and this exact same error (AE freezing with just a few seconds remaining) has been reported by hundreds/thousands of other people previously...
Yet no fix seems to of been posted?

So if anyone knows how to fix it, that'd be massively appreciated?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To update my own thread:

I spoke with AE support, and they basically said that AME is known to have multiple faults & errors when trying to export video files (despite that literally being it's 1 & only job!)...

And so if you're experiencing this fault you need to:

1. Export the file via Render (within the AE program), rather than via Media Encoder.
*This however will save your video in .MOV format, rather than .MP4

2. You need to then open the Media Encoder programme, import you .MOV video file there, and then export it again for 2nd time (into .MP4 format).

It is pretty shocking that AfterEffects has such a huge issue, is fully aware of it, but yet THIS is the best solution they've managed to come up with!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same exact issue, but with premiere. I also tried everything, and rendering an .mp4 from Media Encoder would just hang at the last 2 or 3 seconds. Super frustrating, especially since I'm on a deadline. What seemed to work was something similar to what you did. I rendered out a quicktime apple proress 422 and that worked totally fine. It's super annoying that I have to render my projects twice, but only sometimes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please provide more details? Which versions of PPro & AME? Which OS? Would you be able to share a project that illustrates the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same is happening for me on last frame

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hangs for me as well sometimes, but have found the video has exported fine (I can find it in the expected file), it's just hanging on ME for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Media encoder is officially useless. Doesnt even work for the one thing its made for. Just wastes hours and hours of peoples time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arrakis, please be constructive and tell us specifics about your issue (OS, app versions, workflow, results) so that we can help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apollo89x, would you be able to share your project? I can private message you details in this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, can you share the logs with us? Here is how:

1. In After Effects, choose Help > Enable Logging
  2. Restart After Effects and open your project that exhibits the problem
  3. Send your composition to Adobe Media Encoder
  4. After you have successfully replicated the problem, choose Help > Reveal Logging File in After Effects. A bunch of folders will open revealing different kinds of After Effects logs
  5. Look for the file named "LiveLink Log.txt"
  6. Upload the "LiveLink Log.txt" file to Adobe Creative Cloud and share the URL with us. Instructions here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html. Feel free to use any other file-sharing service if you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got this problem and is just the same with adobe everytime. Adobe is dead, Adobe just want to grab your money.

Go away choose other apps.

[Abuse removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Watch you language and use this forum with respect. Next time we will delete your posting. We can only help you if are a bit more precise. What kind of hardware and OS are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Respect? Cashing and grabing my money and giving me useless Software. And now talking about resepct?
Solved it myself because your software suck. 

STOP CREATING USELESS FEATURES AND FIX YOUR APPLICATIONS SO THAT THEY DO WHATS PROMISED AND FIX OLD LOG WORKFLOWS. STOP TRYING MAKING MONEY WITH USELESS FEATURES:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very sorry for your bad experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your complete product line is a bad experience. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines