Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

alpha channel on mxf

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
i need to export 2 different videos (FILL and MATTE) in .mxf format with Adobe Media Encoder CC 2014

About the FILL video I have no problem, but when I have to export the MATTE I don't know how to do...

Thank you for your help

Sergio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sergio,

The MATTE video will simply be a black and white image, with black representing the transparent parts of the image, and white areas representing opaque portion of image. Without knowing what the video source is, difficult to tell you exactly how to proceed. If for instance the source video is green screen footage, then in Premiere, apply Ultra Key effect to key out the background. Then change Output from Composite to Alpha Channel, then Export the video.

Ultra Key Matte.jpg

The exported black and white video can then be used as the Matte layer in your compositing software, such as Premiere or After Effects.

If you can please tell us what the source video is, it will be easier to explain the best way to get the results you need.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SergioM,

Do you still need help, or has Jeff assisted you well enough?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines