Exit

AME cannot connect to Dynamic Link Server

Participant ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

The Problem:

I updated to the latest versions of Adobe CC products yesterday, only to find that I cannot render from After Effects as I normally did – when I go to "File > Export > Add to Adobe Media Encoder Queue" absolutely nothing happens. When I drag a comp from AE to AME, AME gets stuck on "Connecting to Dynamic Link Server..." and won't proceed.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may have happened during the update to break AME's connection to the Dynamic Link Server?

My system:

27-inch, Mid 2011 iMac

2.7 GHz Intel Core i5

16GB RAM

Sierra 10.12.4

Software:

After Effects 2017.2 Release, Version 14.2.0.198

Adobe Media Encoder 2017.1 Release, Build 11.1.0.170

Troubleshooting Steps Taken:

1. As I mentioned, both After Effects and AME are the latest updates, I've checked several times. It's bothersome to me that I have the 2017.2 version of AE and the 2017.1 version of AME, but that appears to be the latest versions of both.

2. I uninstalled AME, manually moved the leftover preference files from previous installs out of the way, and reinstalled the software using the CC tool.

3. I verified that I can connect via Dynamic Link between After Effects and Premier Pro (which I rarely use).

4. I ran a static file through AME with no problems.

5. I tried dropping and dragging an AE comp to AME, but as mentioned above, the file gets stuck on "Connecting to Dynamic Link Server..." and refuses to budge.

Temporary Workaround

I have resorted to exporting my After Effects files using AE's native Render Queue using lossless settings, saving the resultant .mov file in a watch folder which AME then picks up and processes to our specifications. This works, obviously, but takes longer and interrupts the workflow a bit and simply isn't as convenient as being able to export directly to Adobe Media Encoder from AE.

In conclusion… I'm sure I'm missing something simple here. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions I'd greatly appreciate ay insight! This software is very complex, issues like this will happen from time to time - I'm just happy that Adobe usually responds fairly quickly and always finds a fix.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

To anyone interested in this thread, the Adobe team contacted me shortly after my original post and has worked with me several times since then to track down the issue. They truly are dedicated to fixing these sorts of errors.

I had found a workaround, and deleting various preferences solved the issue for me, but the underlying cause remained a mystery... Today I received this message from the Adobe folks:

I just want to give you a follow up.

I looked into this further and find out this problem h

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I had this issue with a file, which worked a week ago. Only difference: A few assets were missing. When closing AME, it crashed every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Solution:

I'm was having the same issue.

Running

AME 15.4.5(Build1)

AE 18.4.6 (Build2)

Sending from AE would not do anything,  importing would be freeze at the Dynamic Link....

What solve from my was to Kill the DynamicLink process on Activity Monitor and the AME completes the import.. for some reason the Dynamiclink process is freezing.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines