• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compressing videos to smaller file size.

Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking to get some help from the pros.

I generally like using H.264 to export my files out for viewing. They tend to be pretty widely accepted and most people can watch it.

I do have one problem when I export them through Media Encoder the files are very big. I recently finished a simple video of about 7mins that came in at almost 500mb. To me, this seems very big and it is no way convenient for web viewing as the file is just too large.

What can I do or what setting should I be using to make this more accessible to people online.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

There is but one way to make a file smaller, other than making it shorter, and that is to encode using a lower bitrate. Period. If that lower bitrate has too much effect on quality, then consider also lowering the resolution, for instance from 1080p to 720p. At the same lowered bitrate, there are a lot less pixels to compress in 720p, thus it would have a better quality at same bitrate as the larger 1080p video.

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Если работаете на ПК или ноутбуке с установленной ОС Windows 10,11, можно использовать программу из набора операционной системы КИНО И ТВ. Наведите курсор на ваше видео и нажмите правую кнопку мыши. В меню выберите Открыть с помощью. Из списка программ надо выбрать КИНО И ТВ и запустить проигрывание видео. Внизу окна программы есть значок КАРАНДАШ, если нажмете на него то сможете обрезать ваше видео. Сдвиньте ползунок на шкале времени к нужной точке и зафиксируйте. Затем в правом верхнем углу нажмите кнопку Сохранить копию, и видео сохранится в том же виде в котором вы скачали его с сервиса Zoom.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines