Different results Encoder vs Premiere

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I've noticed that exports done through Media Encoder has a much worse results, quality wise, than exporting the same thing with the exact same setting directly through Premiere. I started noticing this earlier this year especially looking at texts and still images (like logos) included in the videos. So I opened up a project from last year wich had a perfect image after exporting through Media Encoder and made a new export with the same settings, and the quality dropped. I then made another export of the same project in Premiere directly and the quality jumped back up to the origional standard.

Like I said it is most visable in text and still images so to give you an example I imported a jpg in a 4k timeline and then exported it as a normal 1080p h264 clip, 35mbit/s VBR 2 pass export, once in premiere and once without changing any settings in Media Encoder. Hopefully you can se the difference in the image below: 

Premiere encoder test.png

The actuall video looks ok on the Media Encoder export but definitely a bit worse than the Premiere export. It's almost like it's been over sharpened.

Anyone know what might be causing this?

Thanks,

Isak 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While I was writing this I made some more testing and it seem like I get the exact same poor result as Media Encoder gives me if I export through Premiere directly but leave "Use maximum render quality" ticked off.
This leads me to believe that Media encoder ignores the "Use maximum render quality" even though when I look at the export setting inside Media Encoder it still says it's ticked on.

Does anyone else have the same experience or a solution to fix this?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines