• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encoding Failed Component: H.264 of type Exporter Selector: 9 Error code: 3

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have an encoding failer (see log below) which when I repeat/reset status on the same sequence will happen/fail at different times during the same export with no changes to the project/setting etc?:

Basic setup; Windows 10, Premiere 14.5, ME 14.5 Geforce GTX 1070 with latest Oct 2020 studio driver

------------------------------------------------------------
- Encoding Time: 00:03:15
10/31/2020 02:56:00 PM : Encoding Failed
Export Error
Error compiling movie.

Export Error

Error completing render.

Writing with exporter: H.264
Writing to file: \\?\D:\Premier Pro Exports\20201012-wed-gib-wedding-MA.mp4
Writing file type: H264
Around timecode: 00:12:40:14 - 00:12:40:15
Component: H.264 of type Exporter
Selector: 9
Error code: 3

- Encoding Time: 00:03:28
10/31/2020 03:00:29 PM : Encoding Failed
Export Error
Error compiling movie.

Export Error

Error completing render.

Writing with exporter: H.264
Writing to file: \\?\D:\Premier Pro Exports\20201012-wed-gib-wedding-MA.mp4
Writing file type: H264
Around timecode: 00:13:20:16 - 00:13:20:17
Component: H.264 of type Exporter
Selector: 9
Error code: 3

TOPICS
Export or render , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Here is a fix

Change hardware Encoding to Software Encoding.

https://youtu.be/EJ9dClm7XZQ

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 235 Replies 235
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh look it's september 2022, nearly 2 years after initial thread and still no fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very sad…. I switched to editing on Mac so i don’t see that as often, but
very annoying. --
Best Regards,
Chip Ge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! Still not fixed?! I thought this had been sorted ages ago! This is just sad!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close Project. Delete Media Cache. Restart Computer. Run Export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 03, 2023 Sep 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this, as well as reinstalling AE and Media Encoder. Still happening. Oddly on new projects and blank compositions too..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this works 

Change hardware Encoding to Software Encoding 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens from time to time starting back around CS2?

I had this exact issue with a corrupted .jpeg file in 2020 Blobfest that would cause a render fail each time.

Tonight I was having a consistant fail of one of Cinema Insomnia TV shows throwing up this same error. They will attempt to tell you that 1 out of 90 video files can not be rendered or re-redendered out because of a NVIDIA hardware issue and to change it to software rendering but this is not the real issue it's just what Adobe does to not fix things.

I have a server with an Adobe Approved Nvidia card which costs more then a used car and Adobe is using 10% of both of my CPUs and 60% and 2gb of ram out of my Nvidia card. GF's computer has no GPU card useage as AME is just rendering out iGPU pinning it at 100%  And it's 10mins faster when I pull the GPU!

ALL other CI shows had no issues when rendering, I use the same presets we use on every episode. 

Here is what I do:

1. Save out a second Project file and clear out all of your temp and cache files on your old dedicated NVME drive.

2. Open the new project file and check all media in the timeline, pics, vids, mp3s etc., if you have the render fail at a certain point each time make sure to have the preview video up on AME so you can see where you are in the time line (how I knew a jpeg with a bad header was the issue in 2020.) You can always reencode or transcode a video with a video converter, or an audio file with Audacity, or resave a pic out from like irfranviewer if you suspect that file is the issue. Of course save all the originals but use non-Adobe software, and make sure you keep your enocoding settings same or higher than the orginals depending on if you are changing codecs or not.  You can swap out the old files with your new transcoded files (even if they are now different file types IE mp3 to wav, or mpg to mp4, or jpeg to PNG) and try to render out.

If not then.....

2. Make a new sequence with matching the settings of the one that you are having rendering issues from.

3. Select all, Copy and Paste to the new sequence, don't name it the same name.

4. Test render it out to see if it's OK. Most times it will be fine if not, last ditch is to...

5. Delete all of the effects from the source Sequence and copy and paste into the new sequence and render to test.

I know it can be a pain to redo all of your effects both audio and video BUT keep in mind you can make presets for each clip if you have too and you still have the first project file that you can have open and copy and paste from.

Sure use the software only trick if all else fails but you are not going to fix an issue you are just bypassing it and then in the future when you want to reopen the project say after an update your project will always have that bad sequence in it. 

Don't worry no matter how long of an ongoing issue it is as or how big, as long as there is an inconvenant work around it won't get fixed.

J3D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 03, 2023 Sep 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this issue with blank compositions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had same problem. Selector 9, error code 3. I send my export from after effects to media encoder, then make a duplicate render and send that to my Dropbox folder. The render to Dropbox folder always works. The render to my AF folder fails. I access my render through Dropbox. I think there is an issue with my XMP files being written to same place as my render in AF folder. File not found, XMP. Looking into it now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2024 Jan 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem after I downgraded my Nvidia driver. After updating it to the latest version, It is working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exactly the same issue here. Hardware encoding error, software encoding works. Any solutions so far to geht the quicker hardware encoding? Exporting 30 mins takes at least 15 mins in HD.. (Macbook Pro M2 Max 32 GB Ram)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines