Hello everyone. I write to ask for help about a problem that I have when exporting QT from Premiere through Encoder. last week I update my suite to CC2018 and now every time I try to send a movie from premiere to export in Encoder the process fails. The log always reports the same error code: -2147287036. The specs are: QuickTime, ProRes 422HQ, 1080p, 23,976fps, uncompress audio. Same as the original media mean so it's not transcoding.
Another symptom of the problem is that the error only occurs though the Encoder, if I export directly from Premiere it does so without any inconvenience. I already looked for the error code and I didn't find any information about it.
I appreciate any help or information about it, I can't keep wasting time.
I have been having the same exact problem as Pablo: Error code: -2147287036 using the same specs: Quicktime ProRes 422 HQ, 1080p 23.976, uncompressed audio. This has been happening to me for awhile. I've gone through all the standard fixes of changing the renderer to software only, purged the media cache, uninstalled, re-installed older version, updated again to current version, restarted my machine and still nothing. I export from Premiere just fine and have resorted to doing so, but it'd be nice to be able to get back to using AME.
Running a Mac Pro Late 2013, 3.5 GHz 6-core Intel Xeon E5, 64 GB memory, AMD Firepro D700 6144 MB
The log reports that the operation was interrupted by user, but I haven't touched anything:
- Encoding Time: 00:00:32
07/20/2018 10:05:35 AM : Encoding Failed
Error compiling movie.
Exporter returned bad result.
Writing with exporter: QuickTime
Writing to file: /Users/Edit3/Desktop/Extreme Reach Uploads/FR18G7BURH.mov
Around timecode: 00:00:05:00
Component: QuickTime of type Exporter
Error code: -2147287036
- Source File: /var/folders/8k/ty2pljmx5gz3lddy71sts6_c0000gn/T/FR18G7-8_1.prproj
- Output File: /Users/Edit3/Desktop/Extreme Reach Uploads/FR18G7DENH.mov
- Preset Used: 422 HQ
- Video: 1920x1080 (1.0), 23.976 fps, Progressive, Quality 100, Apple ProRes 422 (HQ), 00:00:22:00
- Audio: Uncompressed, 48000 Hz, Stereo, 16 bit
- Encoding Time: 00:00:32
07/20/2018 10:06:08 AM : Encoding Failed
The Operation was interrupted by user
Please update your software and see if you are clear on this issue.
I am currently up to date and it has not fixed the issue. As I said originally, every time an update comes along (3 versions since this started), I hope it will fix this issue, but nothing helps.
I could not replicate the issue, however, I have updated to the most current version (12.1.2). Please verify that you are running this version. If not, update, and try again. There was a bug fixed in this new version which sounds a lot like the issue you are hitting so please try it and report back after doing so.
I am having the same issue when I try to render a Quicktime ProRes 422 master. I can encode it without problems within Premiere, but when I send it to AME I get the Export Error message, with error code 2147287036 listed. I am on a brand new 27 iMac Retina 5K, 4.2 Ghz processor, 64GM RAM, and a Radeon Pro 580 with 6 GB VRAM. This is a fresh install of Creative Cloud. There are no previous versions running on this system, as I installed Creative Cloud apps for the first time on Thursday. I am running 12.1.2 on both Premiere and Media Encoder.
To be clear, I only encounter the issue when rendering a ProRes file from AME. I can render the same sequence as a H.264 for example, within AME. Or I can render a ProRes file of the sequence within Premiere. But not ProRes within AME.
We have a similar issue that we are looking into for the resolution.
Meantime, could you try changing the AME preferences > General > "Import sequence natively"? After this, please try queuing to AME again.
That option was checked. I unchecked it, reloaded the sequence, and experienced the same problem.
Tried switching on "Import Sequence Natively" and still failed. None of my sequences have dynamic linked comps either.
SOLVED: In a Facebook group someone reported a bug with dynamic linked comps from AE. I had one dynamically linked comp at the end of the sequence in Premiere. I went into AE, rendered it out and replaced in Premiere. Problem solved, I was able to render the ProRes clip without problems.
I've figured out a little more info on what is making AME hang. I was able to export a batch of :15 second spots (:22 seconds with slate) and everything worked fine. These sequences were combinations of lossless After effects files with alpha channels, raw Arri Alexa footage, C4D renders with alpha channels, Premiere CC text and shapes.
But when AME got to the :30 second spots everything went fine until it hit a 422 HQ file created in After Effects CC. Those files it just so happens were absent from the :15 second spots. I re-rendered all my 422 HQ files out as lossless and the next export went fine. This is the first time in months I've been able to successfully use AME.
So ultimately, something is happening with AME's handling of the 422 HQ files since the sequences can be exported from Premiere itself without any issues.
I have encountered the same problem. Export fails in AME exporting Pro Res HQ QT. Sequence was originally Pro Res HQ as well. Always conks out at the same point, about :10 in. Exported High Bit rate H.264. No problem. Exported Pro Res 4444. No problem. Exported directly out of Premiere Pro. No problem. Changed Prefs in AME to deselect "Import sequences natively" (it was selected). Failed. selected and deselected it again and restarted. Failed.
It's like a problem between HQ specifically and AME.