• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extremely Slow Render/Export on Adobe Media Encoder 2022

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been waiting for more than 30 mins for the final video to be rendered. It's already 40 mins and it's barely 50% rendered. Never had this issue before. My laptop specs are as below and my GPU is RTX 3070.

Anyone knows how to solve this sudden issue?

default0mk71hws211k_3-1647311106723.png

default0mk71hws211k_0-1647310742935.png

TOPICS
Export or render , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Hi all, 
Despite receiving test files from many of you (thank you!), we have not been able to reproduce this problem at Adobe. That's a bit unusual and certainly frustrating - to you and us - but we do think this issue has been fixed in the latest beta of After Effects and Media Encoder. We'd love to get your feedback on that. Creative Cloud betas are specifically designed to run alongside the release versions and are available in the "Beta apps" section of Creative Cloud Desktop. More informatio

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 248 Replies 248
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had an simple example of how slow Media Encoder 2023 is, I had an 15 second TV commercial which was a PAL HD MXF file and dragged it into Media Encoder 2023 to export a 2 pass H264 5 MBPS VBR MP4 to email to my client and it took 1 minute 27 seconds. I then dragged the same MXF into Media Encoder 2020 and exported with the same settings and it took 15 seconds, so the later version is 6 times slower - that's progress!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is definitely a performance bug then. Would you be able to share this media file for our team to investigate. I can send you instructions via private message in this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved the problem by just installing After Effects 2019. Everything that came later than that version can go away forever for me.
Renderings now are 20 ways faster.

[Abuse and profanity removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I honestly think these software programs just get worse and worse.  They just make up things to change so that everyone has to upgrade and keep spending money.  It was all so much better before subscriptions when a hobbyist could purchase the master suite and not have to upgrade until they feel like it. Now theyve just forced everyone to pay every year for products that continue to get worse and don't take into account that many people who were paying were doing this for fun but now cannot continue. If it's not broken don't fix it. Thats my motto.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are totally right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved the problem by just installing After Effects 2019. Everything that came later than that version [abuse removed by moderator]
Renderings now are 20 ways faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An interesting thing happened. I was going to post that I had the same problem as others, so I tested rendering from Premiere Pro via Media Encoder. With release 2022 (PP 22.6.4, ME 22.6.4) there was nothing surprising, I rendered a 23 minute clip in 11 minutes.

However, when I opened the same project in PP 2023 (v23.5) and rendered it, it finished in less than 8 minutes with a 23 minute clip. So faster than the 2022 version!

However, if I render from the project I made with PP 2023, it takes at least 90 minutes to render a 28 minute clip.

Dear Adobe! It is possible that the issue is not with rendering, but somewhere earlier in the sequence creation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a very interesting find. Thank you! Would you be able to share more detailed steps:

* Which source media?
* Which effects? Are there additional third party plugins?
* Which export perset?
* Which OS, CPU and GPU? How much memory?
* Did you use export mode or did you open the project in AME?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The projects are very similar.

The effects I use: Dip to white/black, Cross Dissolve, Constant Gain/Power
I do not use any third party plugins.

The source media is also the same for all projects:
Type: MPEG Movie
File Size: 3,97 GB
Image Size: 3840 x 2160
Frame Rate: 25.00
Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - Compressed - Stereo
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0
Alpha: None
Color Space: Rec. 709
Color Space Override: Off
Input LUT: None
Video Codec Type: MP4/MOV H.264 4:2:0

You can download export preset from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10zG7jGoi-or8nsO1uT__IdSSLYnYOkwJ/view?usp=sharing

I start rendering from PP using the export mode. I tried to start the render directly from ME, but it was no faster.

The working environment is as follows:

• CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900H
  • RAM: 32,0 GB DDR5 (26 GB for Adobe apps)
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB GDDR6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was not able to reproduce your issues. What kind of NVidia driver are you using? Did you try built-in System Compatibility Report in Premiere Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System Compatibility Report say no conflict. I attached the NVIDIA System Information Report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It now takes 1 hour to render a 23 minute video with the 2022 PP. What is going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have figured out what is causing this terrible slowdown. I forgot about an effect I started using recently. This is the Shadow/Highlight effect. When the effect is off, it renders in 3 minutes (23 minute video), when it is on it takes over 1 hour. The same applies to the 2022 and 2023 editions. Is this normal operation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Effects, especially if not GPU accelerated, can slow down rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for hunting down this issue! Very much appreciated.

I will ask our Color experts if that is an expected slowdown (most likely not). We may need a project and files to investigate this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having a similar issue even after updating Premiere. I'm exporting a series of 5-10 videos from Premiere, queued in Media Encoder, and the first video exports fine, but all of the remaining videos will export with no video, only audio and a black screen. If I interrupt this batch export and re-queue every video in ME, the videos will then take around 30 minutes just to export the first 2-3 seconds of the video. At this point I have to stop and re-queue all the remaining videos and repeat the process with only the first video exporting in a normal amount of time and correctly rendering both video and audio. The batch export feature in ME is essentially useless at this point because only the first video exports correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that. Can you please provide your system specs (os, cpu, gpu) and app versions? I guess you are queuing jobs from Premiere Pro by "using "Send to AME". Can you try the menu command (File > Export > Send to AME) and compare the results with the export panel's "send to ame"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Macbook pro Max M1

macOS Monterey v12.6.7

32GB memory

10 core CPU

24 core GPU

Adobe Premiere v23.6 (latest version)

Currrently attempting a batch export with Premiere beta v24.1.0 (build 42) and Media Encoder beta v24.1 (build 40). We'll see how it goes but I've run into many more bugs with the beta versions so this seems like a very incomplete solution to a very persistent problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Case in point: ME beta is now exporting the incorrect multicam track. I have it set to camera 2 for almost the entire video and it's only exporting with camera 1. I will try exporting with File > Export > Send to AME and see how it goes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exported 9 video files with the latest Premiere and ME release versions (not beta) and 6 of the 9 exported with only black video and audio. I used File > Export > Send to AME for all of these. I will attempt this again in the Beta apps with the remaining videos that did not export correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attempted a similar export once again in the beta apps, using File > Export > Send to AME (instead of using the export panel). The results are the same. Similar videos will sometimes export with no errors, but the majority of videos exported in the queue in AME will export with no video, only audio, or displaying multicam angle 1 when in my Premiere sequence I'm using angle 2. The only solution I can see is exporting one video at a time directly from Premiere since this is the only way I've been able to avoid these errors. Media Encoder is currently completely out of order for me, both in the release version and the beta version of the app. I've tried with multiple different videos multiple times which produces different variations of errors each time, even with the same videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you be able to share your project files for us to repro? I can private message you the instructions in this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue, rendering a 2:30 comp, slim LED screen 240x1680px. Around 40 minute render time and 4 screens to export!

Ryzen 9

RTX 3080

64GB RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you rendering to MP4? Is the export time also worse than before if you try to export directly from After Effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines