• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extremely Slow Render/Export on Adobe Media Encoder 2022

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been waiting for more than 30 mins for the final video to be rendered. It's already 40 mins and it's barely 50% rendered. Never had this issue before. My laptop specs are as below and my GPU is RTX 3070.

Anyone knows how to solve this sudden issue?

default0mk71hws211k_3-1647311106723.png

default0mk71hws211k_0-1647310742935.png

TOPICS
Export or render , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Hi all, 
Despite receiving test files from many of you (thank you!), we have not been able to reproduce this problem at Adobe. That's a bit unusual and certainly frustrating - to you and us - but we do think this issue has been fixed in the latest beta of After Effects and Media Encoder. We'd love to get your feedback on that. Creative Cloud betas are specifically designed to run alongside the release versions and are available in the "Beta apps" section of Creative Cloud Desktop. More informatio

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 248 Replies 248
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I've encoutered the same problems as all the people above... what I did ?

I tested MOV rendering of few seconds of 6k material that was normal in comparison to h264 which was more than an hour with standard settings. Of course MOV gives much larger files and thus stuttering so it is useless comparing to h64.

So I tweaked some parameters in H264 and it was a boom, back to normal, short and fast render again.

I recommend to change parameters from MAIN to BASE in h264 settings and by the way I increased bit rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont know what adobe team is doing or just having coffee all day instead of work, i have 3500$ pc and rendereing a 7 second video taking me 19+ hours, i let my laptop turned on whole night still it wasn't rendered, i took a freelance job for making a intro and u know what? cuz of this worst issue the guy took someone else for the job i spent my 20+ hours (1 hour editing + 19 hours for rendering) for nothing, i lost my client cuz of this frustrating issue, im being very patient here, tried 100+ videos from youtube, gone though so may reddit threads, no help from anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project - was it an AE comp being rendered in AME or purely PPro in AME or a mix of both? If just AE, did you try rendering directly out of AE? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I have found a solution, at least one that works for me.

In all clips I had been using in my timelines, I had Lumetri Color added and all footage was color graded. If I uncheck "HSL Secondary" in Lumetri Color, my render speed for a 5 minute clip goes from over 1-2 hours, to under 3 minutes. 

I will point out, that on a seperate PC with SIMILAR specs (Same CPU, RAM, slower GPU.) I did not have any issue with rendering times and it was outperforming my current PC regardless of effects used or settings.

Note the specs on my PC with the issue:

Asus G15

AMD Ryzen 5900HS 8 core 16 thread

Nvidia GTX 3070 Laptop GPU

24GB of RAM (Tested with 16GB and 24GB just in-case)

2 TB dual SSD PCI-3.0 NVMe

And the specs of a secondary PC without the issue:

Asus G14

AMD Ryzen 5900HS 8 core 16 thread

Nvidia GTX 3060 Laptop GPU

16GB of RAM

1 TB SSD PCI-3.0 NVMe

Again, the PC with the Nvidia 3060 graphics card did NOT have any issues. Only my main PC with the Nvidia 3070 is experiencing this.

This seems to be an issue with the Lumetri Color, since HSL Secondary seemed to cause the issue for me. I have this issue no matter what version of Premiere I use. Luckily, I don't typically need to use HSL Secondary, so I can safely turn it off for all future edits.

I'm assuming this must be GPU support related.

Adobe please work on GPU compatiblity with Nvidia 30 series cards. Perhaps a driver fix will need to be worked on with Nvidia as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chiming in here with more complains about Media Encoder. I believe I've identified that it's basically worthless while Premiere or AE are open. Just open, not even playing back anything. It just can't handle any other video apps being open. Very weird and new problem in 2023 for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Estou com o mesmo defeito. Alguém resolveu o problema?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nao o problema persiste ainda, mas estou testando se fechando os programmas ajuda. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

infelizmente nao tem soluçao ainda, e nem previsao pra uma. A soluçao que eu encontrei foi a de usar versoes anteriores do after effects e do media encoder, e desde entao ta funcionando 100%. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eu to revesando, quando o Media Encoder começa a demorar, eu vou pro renderizador nativo do after e tá dando bom. Até o momento, tô fazendo isso. Percebi q a demora ocorre nos efeitos de transição de um plugin chamado Motion Bro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmm interessante, pq eu tambem uso esse plug in, bastante até. de todo modo, como eu to usando uma versao anterior do after e do media encoder ha muito tempo eu nao tenho esse problema mais. vou aguardar resolverem o problema pra eu atualizar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me! first 50% of progress was in 30-40min, and second 50% 18h.

Screenshot 2022-12-09 at 09.36.12.png

My mac specs:

i7 3.8Ghz

AMD Radeon Pro 5500XT 8gb

72 GB RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found that no matter what, if more than one effect is used. It seems to really slow it down.

One of the things I tried that seems to have helped tremendously is transcoding the footage beforehand.

It's still not as good as it used to be, but it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My 4:30 video is taking 20 hours to render. this is project-breaking. not only that, i get errors like "user interrupted render" when I have done nothing but leave my Mac alone. there has to be a solution for this soon. Otherwise After Effects is just not a viable video software if rendering is such a pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nandhi 

Have you run any After Effects benchmark projects to see if your computer is rendering in keeping with what's to be expected of your hardware?

While 20 hours does sound too long for 4 minutes and 30 seconds, knowing if that is unusual or not depends on what is happening during Composition.  If it's just the Transform properties being keyframed with Motion Blur, yes, that is probably much longer than should be expected.  However, if it also has effects like CC Light Burst and Detail-preserving Upscale applied, then 20 hours may not be not unrealistic.

By "user interrupted render", do you mean the "User Stopped" Status message in the Render Queue?  If you're seeing that and you are confident that the "Stop" button is not being clieked, then that is unusual and needs futher troubleshooting.

Something to try:  Disable all third-party plugins and render your Comp (even if this means it will render with watermarks due to missing effects).   This will help to rule out a memory leak due to a third-party plugin.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a problem I've been dealing with for several months. An early post suggested downloading a previous version. I'm currently using AE and ME 22.1.1 (Build 74) and those make the render times go back to normal, but I'd love to be able to use thelatest versions (that I'm paying for). Is there any light on the horizon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've checked out the help tabs and all but my AME keeps failing to render my video and I don't know if it's a system issue or if I need to downgrade my AME. Ps: I'm using the '22 version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

22.2.1 has worked for me. But I've found you have to be using both AE and ME 22.2.1.

Btw, I'm using M1 Macs, one running Big Sur and one running Monterey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.  I can export a video directly out of Premiere, and it takes 56 seconds.  When I export the same video in ME using the same preset, it takes seven minutes and 32 seconds 7:32.  this a problem as I'm trying to batch export 30 videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My machine is a Mac Pro 3.2 GHz 16-Core Intel Xeon W, AMD Radeon Pro W5700X 16 GB, 48 GB 2933 MHz DDR4, running  Ventura 13.1.  Premiere pro 23.1.0, Media Encoder 23.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me with ME 2023. Render times are up to an hour instead of multiple minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this problem for years. Basically have abandoned ae for premiere and was about to buy Blackmagic. However, after reading this thread this morning I I stalled the AE beta. Seems to have resolved a lot of the slowdown for me. Same file no changes - rendered predicted 80 hours in current version. Beta version predicts 4. It isn't great, but I will take it over not being able to work at all.

Please keep improving this, because I don't need your software to do my jobs. There are faster options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As expected, I am the 100000000th user to face this very same issue. But it's just a coincidence, I'm sure the very hardworking people at adobe have taken all necessary steps to ensure they don't release an effectively broken version of Media Encoder. I would like to ask you guys (not the adobe tech support that in January 2023 is still unable to fix a huge problem reported in March 2022), the actual users who actually care about adobe, whether the beta versions of After Effects and Media Encoder were able to solve it, to render faster. 

Following the advice of some people who posted here earlier, I have just installed the 2022.2 versions of AE, ME and PP and - surprise! it now crashes on export because of an accelerated rendering problem. And currently the 2023 versions take 41 hours to render a 40 seconds clip. Imagine that - more than an hour to render a second of footage. Thanks adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in march we will complete 1 year here. 1 whole year without a solution because they say that can't reproduce this problem in there, and apparently it's very difficult to have the will to solve the problem and analyze other people's machine to solve a problem that theoretically would be easy to solve since it worked fine before, so it was just them reverting something.

On the anniversary of this forum, I think we could do an online virtual party where each participant uploads a 30-second video to render and the party can only end when all the videos have been rendered. It will be a party all year round.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it's absolutely awful. Have you found some sort of workaround? I have tried exporting through PP (version 2022) and the estimated time kept increasing exponentially, and the rendering speed was decreasing at the same rate. It's so frustrating to spend 1% time on the actual project and 99% on making sure it exports in good parameters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the only "solution I've found is to use and old 2022 version for media encoder and after effects. So far is working for me.

another helpfull thing I was using when I was having this kind of trouble it was watching some youtube videos during the render. somehow it helped a looot, specially at moments when the render gets stucked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines