• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GREAT NEWS - AME IS FINALLY EXPORTING USING GPU - Don't Cry :)

Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AME IS EXPORTING USING GPU - till now it's only joke if You use Adobe products.
Hey ADOBE !!!!
Sony VEGAS, FInalCUT X already for long time can use Intel QuickSync or NVENC for video exporting.
When - ultra professiona AME will start encode using NVENC or Intel QuickSynq ????
I'm pretty sure that all af Adobe clients are waiting for this important step !!!
So dear developpers, please tell us - when it will come alive ?
PS: Yes i know that Adobe use GPU when exporting project uses GPU accelerated effects, but what with simply video encoding ?
It is looks so stupid that my friend exporting 130 min video on Sony Vegas for 12 min on Intel core i5 and i'm with i7 with GTX1070 and great Adobe products have to export the same things for 100 min
So may be it's time to implement GPU in encoding ???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Thanks for sharing your observations, PavelT.

I request you to submit a feature request here and I'll do my best to advocate on your behalf, as well.

-Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PavelT,

So far, encoding is a CPU-centric process in Premiere Pro and Adobe Media Encoder.

The GPU does accelerate certain items in the overall export process, but not the encoding itself.

The GPU will only accelerate the following in the export process: scaling, frame conversion, blending modes, deinterlacing, and color space conversion. The GPU will also accelerate the processing of GPU based video effects, including the Lumetri color effect.

I am sorry that you are not happy with the architecture of PPro & AME.

If you want to reach out to our developers, please give your valuable feedback here.

I'll do my best to advocate on your behalf, as well.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello !
I am very grateful to you for your reply to my post.
To be honest, I believe that ADOBE products are the most professional and most functional tools that can be found on the market.
But some things, for example, such as GPU accelerated exports, should be present in such serious programs for video editing.
I know that some effects and color correction when exporting are rendering with GPU.
But in fact, competitors have solved this problem for a long time ago and the export on them is several times faster, even on weak computers. Due to this, I think that ADOBE should pay attention to this aspect in the most serious way. And one more moment for which all ADOBE customers will be 100% grateful if the company will manage 2 product lines:
One stable and the second is an experimental, which will be for those who are not interested in stability and for whom any innovations are more prioritized than stable work.
Once again, thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finaly i found solution to speed up encoding process in PP & AME.
Since 2017 version in debuging panel it is possible to activate Intel Quick Sync technology to encode video.
The results are fantastic - 1 hour of Lumix GH5 1080p 100Mb/s multicam video (2 cameras ) with many slow motions, transitions and color correction with 2 LUT's now exported for 15 minutes !!!
WOW !!!
The same project without QSV enbled takes me about 1hour and 10 minutes to export.
So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep this option even hiden in debugig panel !!!
But if Adobe wil add this thing in PP & AME settings it will be great upgrade for all of creators who has to work and not spendin hours for rendering.
Thank You !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing your observations, PavelT.

I request you to submit a feature request here and I'll do my best to advocate on your behalf, as well.

-Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just do what You requested.
Please push it up, this wel be great update for all Adobe PP & AME professional users.

Thank You !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines