• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP! My mp4 files are 0kb after Media Encoder Failure

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had some mp4 videos I had shot on my phone that I wanted to edit in Premiere. For whatever reason I wasn't able to play them back in Premiere (though I could view them on my phone and on my computer in regular media players), so I thought I'd throw them into the Media Encoder to make sure Premiere would be able to play them back. There were 121 of them, so I left it running. When I came back I saw there were some errors with 56 of them. I gave up on editing them, but I thought I'd try again today after I installed a new software update. After reopening the program, I tried adding the 56 files for encoding, but they were in an "unsupported compression type." I couldn't play them back anymore on my computer either. They are all 0kb, and each has a corresponding 6kb xmp file. What can I do to reverse this? How can I get my files back to the way they were? 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot the properties of your media in tree view:

MediaInfo 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We're sorry for the issue. Ideally, any error caused inside Adobe Premiere Pro or Adobe Media Encoder should not affect the original files saved on the computer. Hence, the files should be safe the way they were.

In addition to the details asked by @Peru Bob, I'd like to request for a sample file so that we can test the issue at our end.

We're here to help.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines