• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing video directly into Media Encoder from iPhone

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Apologies if this has been asked a trillion times but sadly the answer has eluded me. Can you import/transcode directly from an iPhone X into Media Encoder or Premiere? Without having to use other software first? I can obviously do this from a memory card on my DSLR but can't figure out how to do it from my phone. Thanks.

TOPICS
How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adrian,

We appreciate you writing in. Are you willing to use Adobe Media Encoder or Premiere Pro on your phone? 

These applications are not designed to be used on phone. 

You may use Adobe Premiere Rush for editing on your iPhone. Check out more info here.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to edit on my phone. I want to import video directly from my iPhone into Media Encoder on my MacBook Pro. I'm trying to avoid using an additional third party app. I want to import 4K h264 from my iPhone into Media Encoder so I can transcode it as ProRes 4K. Is this possible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're able to mount your iPhone as an external drive, sure you could, but performance would likely be terrible.

Best thing to do is get the iPhone footage to your local drive and edit from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The worfklow I use is to move my videos off of my iPhone and on to my hard drive in an organized folder. Then I'll do the transcoding. Most times I use Handbrake so I can convert it to a Constant Frame Rate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines