• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder 2020 render extremely slow

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, out of nowhere rendering in the timeline and exporting from both Ae and AME started taking much, much longer. What would usually take 1-2 mins is suddenly taking 30 - 40. I updated to Ae 2020, no change, updated my graphic drivers, no change. Tried rendering with mercury software only rather than GPU, hasn't made any difference.

I have 12 core, 64 gigs Ram, Nvidia 1080 Ti, I don't really see why it should be struggling like it is. At one point I couldn't even use masks in Ae because the lag was so bad it made it impossible to work.

Its really frustrating to go from a relatively great workflow to something that is, at times, barely usable.

Any advice or fixes on this would be greatly appreciated.

Title edited by Mod

TOPICS
Export or render , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just notice on my 10 core cpu that when I reduced the threads it did a render that said it still needed 15-20 minutes in 2 minutes. When I used my 4-6 core processors it often only used 20-60% op the cpus the render times were slower but not slow enough that I am seeing an increase in rendertimes at this capacity with esentially the same threads I believe a good hardrive does wonders but not much is happening on the hard drive either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe media encoder has become a joke of a software and I can barely use it anymore, it hold me back from reaching deadlines and therefore from making money...it's taking 23 hours to render an 8 minute composition please find a fix for this and don't sweep it under the rug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please provide details so that we can help you: What CPU / Source Material / Preset? Which workflow (AME, PPro > AME, After Effects > AME)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried installing Studio Driver for my Nvidia RTX 2060 and man it changed everything now the video (Composition made in After Effects) that was taking 9 freaking hours to render got rendered in just 56 minutes.

PC Specs:
CPU: I9-10850K

GPU: RTX 2060

RAM: 32 GB (3600 Mhz)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I no longer have the issues I once brought up after simply restarting machine, and closing other apps. How do I close this discussion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and the same resolution as you do. The problem is, I have to restart the computer after every couple fo renders in order for it to work properly. It is not a solution. When you do a lot of small renders it gets old FAST. Regular FullHD video with nothing much on it, no third party plugins takes forever. Restart the computer, it finishes in couple of seconds. Then each following render takes more time than the previous one until I restart again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines