Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder 2021 won't open: "Cannot Create Folder: Presets"

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 12.08.13 AM.png

Have been using ME reliably on a 2015 iMac running Mojave. Today I get this error when opening progaram...have reinsatalled ME and then Creative Cloud, still not resolved. This is the only program affected. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

I have resolved this, my Documents folder had been moved to iCloud, and when I turned iCloud off it did not restore Documents to my user folder...it was hidden somewhere else. All good now and working.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the AME forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, please ensure that your user account has read & write permissions for the Documents\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder directory. Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have resolved this, my Documents folder had been moved to iCloud, and when I turned iCloud off it did not restore Documents to my user folder...it was hidden somewhere else. All good now and working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to add another solution since the other answer did not work for me but I figured it out.

This is the error I got:
Adobe Media Encoder cannot create folder:
/Users/username/Documents/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder/23.0/Presets
Please check permissions and restart the application.

1. Go to the folder /Users/username/Documents/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder/23.0/
2. Right click on the folder "23.0" (or whatever verison number is there for your most recent install verison of media encoder), click "get info"

Sharing and permissions.png

3. Go to the sharing and permissions section (pictured above) and click the little lock in the bottom right corner. You should be prompted to type in your computer admin username and password. Do that.
4. Now look at the options "system, staff, everyone" this is how the permissions should be configured for each one (proper congiuration also pictured above):
System: Read & Write

Staff: Read & Write

Everyone: Read only
5. My computer had Staff set to Read Only, I changed it to Read & Write and then media encoder could open properly again and worked perfectly.

Hope this helps someone else struggling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's help me so much;)) Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines