• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder 2022 has me losing clients in 2021

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just finished finished editing a complicated project in Premiere Pro. Took three days. The client this is for loves my work. The subject is for a product launch,...TOMORROW MORNING.

I followed the same step as I always do, first error was that Media Encoder wasn't installed. ('Nonsense!' I said, 'I used it this morning.') But it was gone, for sure. Media Encoder 2022 was in my CC account page, waiting to be installed, so I loaded it. 

And now,...no export of any kind, to Media Encoder or directly to my computer seems to be possible. Closed the project and PP, restarted a few times,...nothing. 

I have a lot on the line here. What's going on? 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Scott. Same issue and emergency situation here. I temporarilly solved the issue by installing older versions of Premiere, After Effects and Media Encoder next to the new ones, using the Creative Cloud Destop app and used those to finish my project. Also, I turned off automatic updates in CC app settings, which I highly recommend to anyone, who uses CC professionally, because apparently you can't rely on any quality assurance with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To send to Media Encoder, it must be the same version. I don't know what happened to your Media Encoder 2021, but you definitely don't want to change versions of Premiere Pro. What version of PR are you running?

Try this first. Open ME 2022 since that is what you have installed. From there, import the PR project. Does that work?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! same problem also happened to me. I was going to render one project from Adobe After Effect 2022 in Adobe Media Encoder 2022. But it keeps loading or even not loading the project at all. Already try all the recommendation and I decided to give up using 2022 version and using previous version instead. Is there any sollution for this? Or is it only happening with my computer? Thank you for your help.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. I solved it by using "Ad dto Render Queue" (not Encoder), format QuickTime -> Format Option Adobe Pro Res. Then I converted the mov file into mp4 using Encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, it's happening basically to everyone. Going back to old versions of AE, PR and ME is the most effitient workaround until Adobe fixes this mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does this nonsense happen with every release of the software?!?! 

Adobe: "New! Improved! Faster! Stronger! AI!

Users: "Even the core, basic functions have stopped working. Care to explain?"

Adobe: "Tune in to Adobe MAX for more exciting news!"

Every.

Single.

Time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I'm new here. Having the same problem as everybody else here. Do you know which versions to download to not have this problem? If I look in the 'older versions' lists of AE and AME the version numbers dont match. I tried a few, but AME wont even start up without crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the v18.4.1 of After Effects and the v.15.4.1 of Media Encoder (which where the previous versions that I had) and it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running AE v.18.4.2 and AME V.15.4.2. These work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What older versions of AE and ME did u go back to? I've got the same issue now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sucks to hear they still dont work! Im accually still using 2021 versions of the softwares. Dont know the exact decimals of the version by heart but my guess would be still as mentioned above?

Perhapd It might be good to mention that i also running PC-versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am glad to know it wasn't just me. I agree with those here who say to export using AE's system first and then convert.  I would never have changed over to the 2022 stuff had I known this would happen. I don't profess to be technical in the least, so I don't understand why H.264 isn't available on AE without requiring ME.  I'm not even using a Mac, and now that Apple has stopped using the codec, the Quicktime files have become even more obsolete. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, sometimes reboot my macbook helps but not always and can only work for once. So I have to rendered in AE as a MOV file then drop this file to ME to render again for getting a H.264 format. Thanks Adobe for every updates...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Also having problems with Premeire freezing everytime I try to color grade two specific clips. Thankfully I have a full day to figure this out. Please post if you found any solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Tried packaging it up and sending it to my laptop that is still running 2021 programs....Got the error message: "This project was saved in a newer version of Adobe Premiere Pro and cannot be opened in this version."

Adobe, PLEASE send a bug fix soon!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're sorry for the trouble. Could you specify if the issue happens with the projects created on the latest version of Adobe applications as well?

We'll look into this.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, my project created by previous version but edited and exported by AE 2022. I'd tried to create a simple test project with AE 2022 and exported to ME with no issue, but that was just a very simple sample with only few layers in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivangi,

I'm not sure I understand your question. The name of this thread has "Media Encoder 2022" included in its title and as far as I know, there has been just one release of ME2022 (the ME v 22.0). The issue, everyone is complaining about, is affecting ONLY the latest version of Adobe applications. ME v 18.4.1 works just fine, it's the v 22.0, which is affected and which was pushed through CC app to everyone, who didn't disable auto updates in CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

danf14784615,

I think Shivangi is just trying to clarify if the problem exists if you create a NEW project in 2022, as opposed to opening a project created in a previous version.

I just did a bunch of tests opening PR and queuing to AME, Opening AME alone, Deleting cache files, Resetting preferences when opening AME. I restarted Windows 10 in between many tests that had errors; and did not restart for others.  All I can say is almost everything worked and then didn't. For example, AME doesn't open (hangs on splash screen with no appearance of the "what is loading" items). Open AME with preferences reset; AME opens. (So I think maybe that helped.) Open AME again; works. Close and open AME again and this time it hangs. Etc.

So the problems I encounter are not consistent. I hope the engineers are finding something, because this does not look like a simple, "clean the cache" or "reset preferences" problem. And sometimes an old project worked and sometimes it did not.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know. The issue is all over the forums and web. For people with converted and new projects, on different platforms, while queueing from different apps… I guess it's not some weird issue, which affects just couple users and is hard to replicate. I'd expect, that three days after getting probably hundreds of reports about such major issue, someone at Adobe test department would fire-up Media Encoder and try this out, instead of asking users on forums. But maybe I'm just too naive. Truth is, I've been in threads where bugs have been reported years ago, Adobe employee showed up in the thread, asked some random follow-up questions, got the replies, even though the issue can be easily replicated by anyone, and nothing happened. No fix, not even a reply and the bugs are still there, like if nothing happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

danfl,

Yes, these types of problems are very frustrating, especially when there is no feedback on whether the engineers know what the propblem is and whether they are on the track of a fix. I hope we hear more. But I know from experience that we may or may not. And for bugs that remain after multiple updates, that is very frustrating.

But I also know from experience that there are numerous staff busily trying to recreate the problem(s). And even when they may be able to recreate the apparent problem, and work on a fix for it, they may also be aware that there are variations that have not been identified. So until that is clear, asking questions to pin down the problem is important.

Until I did my tests this morning, I would have thought this was a simple "delete the cache" problem. I thought I could export to AME consistently; and perhaps I can if I don't mess with things. The first post in this thread is about AME/PR, and that was my focus. Most of the posts about the AME issues are about AE and AME or AE and PR links.

I hope we get more feedback from Adobe on the status of this.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having the same issue described across this thread. Created a project in 2021, was able to send it to ME no problem. Upgraded to 2022 yesterday, did a TON of edits to my AE project, and went to render it this morning in ME. Whether I use the "send to Adobe ME queue" option or navigate to the project within ME, and no matter what settings I use for the render, it gets to about frame 4 (yes frame) and fails with no explanation in the log other than it's an issue somewhere between the 4th and 8th frames. This is for a project that was supposed to go live TONIGHT! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue also happens for me on projects created on the latest versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines