• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder CC 2020 won't open in macOS

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to open Media Encoder 2020 but a message came up, "Adobe Media Encoder has encountered an unexpected error and cannot continue." 

I'm using MacBook Pro & macOS Catalina v 10.15.2 (i just updated).  Help!

Title edited by Mod

TOPICS
Download and install , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I did update my computer and all my adobe creative cloud apps. That is when the issue arose. I ended up deleting the latest Media Encoder and installed a previous version and now it is working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm! Mine finally works now too with the latest update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the 2021 version and it's crashing again 😒

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on MacBook Pro with Mojave v10.14.6 and experienced AME not opening. I tried all the solutions listed but still didn't open soooo... I uninstalled AME newest version and installed the previous version. Restarted my computer and AME and After Effects both opened. I wouldn't recommend updating AME until this bug is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We worked with Enterprise support.  We were having this issue with AME and Premiere.  They examined a log that showed "VTwin" was crashing.  We figured we had an issue with our CoreMelt plugins, but we had the latest installer from them.

We resolved the issue, by uninstalling the CoreMelt plugins… then re-installing AME (and Premiere.)

After seeing them launch, we re-installed CoreMelt (we have the Everything Bundle) and checked again… launching fine now.

I hope the little dance wont be necessary in the future, but at least we have our apps launching again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted support today, and this was my problem too and probably has been the whole time. All is well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, exactly the same problem. I have several videos to export this week and bascially unable to do so. I removed ME and reinstalled and now it just says it encountered a problem and can't open. Adobe why is it that with each update your software gets more buggy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What surprise me is that I posted this on December 18, 2019 that was almost 13 montsh ago.  Yet the issue has not been solved.  13 months !  And people kept complaining that the Media Encoder is still NOT working.  That's mind boggling!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if I've seen it anywhere on here but I have just had issues with AME 2020 crashing on startup after the latest update. I searched in vain but found a thread where someone had similar issues years ago and  suggested the classic - hold shift whilst launching to clear cache - and it seems to have worked for me!?

I'm on an IMac late 2014 running Big Sur OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks – holding down shift worked for me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED I cant believe it after 7 months I solved it. Guys please have a look for your "Premiere Pro" and your "MediaCore" folder. Libary/Application Support/Adobe/ 

try old to name name differently like "Premiere Pro_OLD 

start the app again and it will create a new one. For i dont know what stupid reason it worked for me for Media Encoder and Premiere Pro. Its such a shame that the support never tried this one. After 2 calls and so many emails  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! this method helped me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here

MacBook air m1 with big Sur

already pressed  shift and changed the folder name

still doesn't work

never annoying like that 

how should I explain that my tutor will believe I haven't completed the assessment all because I cant use AME?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem - but solved

uninstal Media Encoder - Herstart Computer - Instal and update Media Encoder = Working! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines